Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2002 6:20:36 AM EDT
Workmate came to me this morning and asked if I heard Jon Matthews radio program this AM. I can't get AM 700 in my office, but he told me Jon was talkin about a US seviceman who stopped at a gas station in N. Houston to get fuel and was refused service by the owner of the establishment.

That's all I've heard, does or did anyone hear this story and can ya shed some light on whether this really happened???

Don't want to pass judgement on something I can't verify, but if this happened I'd like to know the details, thanks....

Mike

Update: e-mail'd Matthews and hope to hear back, believe service-mans' name was "Pvt. John Sikes".......
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 6:52:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, serviceman's name was PVT. "Sean" (not John) Sikes and according to the KSEV program manager this is a true story.

Apparently Channels 2 and 11 here in Houston have called the station and will be investigating this story, PM told me it'd be on the local news tonight.

More when I get it.....
Mike
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 7:01:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I also heard it on the way in.
they need to hire more security at that gas station!  do you remember the brand of gas?

the same thing happened to me when i was wearing my IDF T-shirt.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 7:08:59 AM EDT
[#3]

First the terrorists, now this?

That's two in a week in your fine state.

Look Out! DonR is gonna be pissed.-Z
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 7:15:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Friend said it was a CONOCO station somewhere off IH 45 north, around the Spring/Woodlands area.

Wish I knew more, but as yet have received no response to queries at KSEV (other than the chat w/ prog. mngr.) or TV channels.

Mike
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Tell me the station-- I won't be buying gas there. I would go in and pick up a bunch of perishables, put them on the counter. Then leave...
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 1:28:40 PM EDT
[#6]
It sucks but happens. Drop an E to Conoco world headquarter and everone follow suit. That typically works.  I was a Nam Vet and if I quit doing business with everyone that shit on me during those days, I'd be living off the land. I'm surprised it isn't a convienient store for Houston is notorious for their store ethnic mix. LOL

PS: I'm originally from Houston!
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 1:33:32 PM EDT
[#7]
BTW: don't blame Conoco-- blame the guy who refused service.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 3:57:50 AM EDT
[#8]
found out this morning it's %99 bogus.

the kid didn't show up on the security camera tape.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 8:03:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Friend said it was a CONOCO station somewhere off IH 45 north, around the Spring/Woodlands area.

No shit?  I'm just off I45 in the Spring area.  Get me some more info so I can show up in a IDF shirt one day, and a nuke Mecca shirt the next.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 4:32:48 PM EDT
[#10]
This story from what I'm hearing this afternoon is bogus.  The military guy claims it was a male clerk and I believe the news got hold of the security tape and during the time frame this incident supposedly happened there was no male clerk working at that store.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 4:58:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
This story from what I'm hearing this afternoon is bogus.  The military guy claims it was a male clerk and I believe the news got hold of the security tape and during the time frame this incident supposedly happened there was no male clerk working at that store.  

Thanks, jadams951.  Keep us posted if you hear any more.

BTW, you work for HPD, right?
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 5:11:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No ?  I'm just off I45 in the Spring area.  Get me some more info so I can show up in a IDF shirt one day, and a nuke Mecca shirt the next.

i'll be your backup, call me in on that one.  i will wear my NRA shirt. its the only gun realated shirt i have right now.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 8:35:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks, jadams951.  Keep us posted if you hear any more.

BTW, you work for HPD, right?

That's negative...I work for Harris County Pct. 5 but I patrol in the city limits of Houston.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 4:59:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I will go to that place in Dress Blues and dare them to refuse service.  Is this for real?
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 5:22:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I will go to that place in Dress Blues and dare them to refuse service.  Is this for real?

Not to be rude but read the above posts!
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 5:21:25 AM EDT
[#16]
It was rude, and I did.
The answer was far from definitive whether this was true or not.  Of course the tape provided by the company wouldn't substantiate the claim.  If it did, they wouldn't provide it.  I have no problem if this is bullshit or not, just wondering if there was any follow up to the camera refutation (is that a word?)
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 11:13:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Why I was not rude.  I'm never rude.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 12:39:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
It was rude, and I did.

are you saying you went to the Conoco today  and the guy working the counter was rude?
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 4:05:19 PM EDT
[#19]
No,

It was rude to have HK logo on an AR net board.
A man who is never rude is not trying hard enough.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top