Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2021 10:34:18 PM EDT
talk to me about building a house out here. looking to transplant from NC and the wife has family around fairmont/morgantown.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:35:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Look in the edges of Taylor County along route 50.  

Lower taxes and home/land costs but still very accessible to all the stuff you will want to be close to.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 5:04:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Be prepared to pay a lot for land around Bridgeport.  You can pretty much forget the Morgantown area unless you stumble into a nice deal.  If you want reasonably priced land, you will have to get away from the I-79 corridor.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 6:47:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I take trains to Grafton and stay in hotels in Bridgeport. Good luck on real estate. I really liked the country outside of Bridgeport and started looking into land and property to buy out there, but land is expensive. I wouldn't live anywhere near Morgantown.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 7:49:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Look in Preston County.
Further from Bridgeport, Morgantown isn't too far.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 5:04:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look in the edges of Taylor County along route 50.  

Lower taxes and home/land costs but still very accessible to all the stuff you will want to be close to.
View Quote

My first recommendation would be along Rt. 250 between Grafton and Fairmont in Taylor County, but the route 50 recommendation is also a good one.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 8:02:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Although I live in Va, me and the gf have land and a house in Moatsville.  We love it over there, mainly for the peace but the scenery etc is nice also. I’m sure at some point we will move there as 500 open acres is to much of an invite to move to resist longer.  Belington and Elkins are nice areas as well
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top