Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2021 8:21:59 PM EDT
Depending on November, might be moving to the harpers ferry or Charles town. Both are about the same distance to the DMV for work, and both have similar school ratings on the webs but wanted to try and capture some first hand experience.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 9:16:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Harpers Ferry & Charles Town are both Jefferson County.

As with any other school system, your kid gets out of it what the kid and parents are willing to put into it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 9:13:21 AM EDT
[#2]
My son did well in Jefferson County schools and is now at WVU. My daughter is also doing well, she has three more years.

The schools are not the best, so you will need to be very involved.

Teacher pay here struggles to keep up with MD and VA and a lot of teachers are new and leave after a year or two and go there for the higher pay.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:47:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Having had first hand experience dealing with both Berkeley and Jefferson county schools, Berkeley county all the way. My daughter still lives in Berkeley county with her mom, she attends a private school.

But if I had to send her to a public school, no way in hell would it be anywhere in Jefferson county.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Having had first hand experience dealing with both Berkeley and Jefferson county schools, Berkeley county all the way. My daughter still lives in Berkeley county with her mom, she attends a private school.

But if I had to send her to a public school, no way in hell would it be anywhere in Jefferson county.
View Quote

So Berkeley is better but you send you daughter to a private school?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:27:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So Berkeley is better but you send you daughter to a private school?
View Quote

Yes. Think of Jefferson county schools as being submerged in pig shit to your chin. And Berkeley county schools as being submerged in pig shit up to your waist.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top