BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2014 12:43:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 1:20:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Drive to VA.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 5:30:05 PM EDT
[#2]
You could go grocery shopping in Franklin or visit the Hospital in Petersburg, that would be fun.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 6:58:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 3:33:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Already been to the grocery, liquor and hardware store in Franklin.  Hope to never visit the hospital.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You could go grocery shopping in Franklin or visit the Hospital in Petersburg, that would be fun.

Already been to the grocery, liquor and hardware store in Franklin.  Hope to never visit the hospital.

did you think I was joking all those times I told you there was nothing over there
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 6:47:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Yea there ain't much around...I live in Wardensville...even less here...i drive to Virginia
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 3:28:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought you ought to at least know where the geriatric ward is.
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 5:01:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I should just bite the bullet and buy a fishing license seeing that the South Branch and the canyon is right behind the cabin.  Never could get excited about fishing, but I might have to give it a try.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought you ought to at least know where the geriatric ward is.

I should just bite the bullet and buy a fishing license seeing that the South Branch and the canyon is right behind the cabin.  Never could get excited about fishing, but I might have to give it a try.

I've told you how many times, if you go buy your license, I'll buy mine.  Hell, we'll both learn together.  That was the one thing I tried to learn from my grandpa, and never did before he died
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 5:33:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought fishing was the reason you bought property over there.

Everyone around here seems like they have a camp or property over there or in Smoke Hole just for fishing/drinking trips.

Link Posted: 5/30/2014 6:00:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 6:27:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

No, I bought it as a base camp for backpacking trips more than anything.  I got tired of driving over 5 hrs, then getting out of my truck and hitting the trail. Now, I can go there at my leisure and head out on a trip fairly fresh, or hang out if the weather isn't all that great.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought fishing was the reason you bought property over there.

Everyone around here seems like they have a camp or property over there or in Smoke Hole just for fishing/drinking trips.

No, I bought it as a base camp for backpacking trips more than anything.  I got tired of driving over 5 hrs, then getting out of my truck and hitting the trail. Now, I can go there at my leisure and head out on a trip fairly fresh, or hang out if the weather isn't all that great.

Until you get lazy and quit going backpacking
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 6:40:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 5:50:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Who says I'm quitting?  I'm just shifting to weekdays.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Until you get lazy and quit going backpacking

Who says I'm quitting?  I'm just shifting to weekdays.

And going by yourself again.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:49:16 PM EDT
[#14]
There used to be a decent little army surplus store downtown petersburg, near the courthouse.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:24:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:31:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It's still there. I just haven't checked it out yet. Street parking right there and there's never an open spot when I drive by. It's on the list though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There used to be a decent little army surplus store downtown petersburg, near the courthouse.

It's still there. I just haven't checked it out yet. Street parking right there and there's never an open spot when I drive by. It's on the list though.

Park around back where your favorite furniture store is and walk
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Rainy day options:  Caverns, all both of them.  I've always wanted to do the extended private tours.
Mountain State Brewing for good beer.  I keep kegs of Amber Ale at home.

You most definitely need a fishing license.  Smoke Hole is a favorite of mine that is road accessible.  Head to Seneca creek with a fly rod for back country native brookies.

Do you have a canoe?  Smoke Hole and the Trough are a lot of fun.  'Specially with a fishing rod in hand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top