Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked WV Role Call.... (Page 1 of 14)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Posted: 12/26/2005 9:49:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VA-gunnut]
I was wondering how many people (Lurking or not) are from WV.  Let me know where you are from in WV?

Huntington Area.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:45:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Jefferson County, Wv  here.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:05:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I am from Wv but live in Northern Virginia

Go Ears!

With 202,000 veterans residing in West Virginia, we have the highest number of veterans per capita in the nation.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:23:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm from Roane Co, but live in Richmond
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:51:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: UNIT6639] [#4]
Moved in, moved out, hostile take over at work, now back in WV PERMENTLY.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:51:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:14:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By long-rifle-tactical:
With 202,000 veterans residing in West Virginia, we have the highest number of veterans per capita in the nation.

Take your average West-by god and mix in some good old Marine blood and you old farts are hard to kill

Grew up right on the line in Whitehall Va. Coulda thrown a stone into Berkley Co. Wv, And did so from time to time
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:46:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I just wanted to pull us West Virginians into our own thread. We split from Virgina a few years back so I wanted to see who was here from WV.    Live on Thread.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:53:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By underdog75:

Originally Posted By long-rifle-tactical:

Take your average West-by god and mix in some good old Marine blood and you old farts are hard to kill
Grew up right on the line in Whitehall Va. Coulda thrown a stone into Berkley Co. Wv, And did so from time to time

3 times and they still could not get it correct.

So yer the one tossin the rocks in me garden.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:08:34 AM EDT
[#9]
HR and I are in northern Virginia now.  We' re moving into my mom's house in Inwood (Berkeley County) next year.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:47:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: underdog75] [#10]
Bubbles, once you and Hardrock relocate you'll be 2-3 miles from my parents place.....Udog

LRT says..

3 times and they still could not get it correct.

In the wheelchair you present a low profile, Hard to hit a rolling target effectively
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:48:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hylton] [#11]
Northern West Virginia-Taylor County
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:02:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I am from Putnam County W.V.AHellohave.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Berkeley here.

Also, for yawls information. Berkeley and jefferson counties are concidering a rifle ban for hunting. Shotgun only, east of the Sleepy Creek WMA. This is a no,no in my opinion. We have some of the largest farm lands in the regions and this will just be a foot in the door for the anti's. Sparks sporting goods has a petition at the firearms desk. I encourage everyone to sign it, so this might end up on the ballot or killed at the senate.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:01:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bubbles] [#14]

Originally Posted By TrashHeap:
Berkeley here.

Also, for yawls information. Berkeley and jefferson counties are concidering a rifle ban for hunting. Shotgun only, east of the Sleepy Creek WMA. This is a no,no in my opinion. We have some of the largest farm lands in the regions and this will just be a foot in the door for the anti's. Sparks sporting goods has a petition at the firearms desk. I encourage everyone to sign it, so this might end up on the ballot or killed at the senate.

Expect to see this brought up again and again as additional developments get built.

BTW this is why I use a suppressor on my rifle when I hunt.  Think  "suburban whitetail" - the new residents, who don't realize what living in the "country" really means come November, don't hear a thing.  

Where is Sparks Sporting Goods?  I'll sign!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:04:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jmboom] [#15]
McDowell county here or was, I'm in northern Va. now.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:37:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Serving a sentence being a resident of MD for now, but own some property down in Monroe County.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:41:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Tucker Co. near Davis & Blackwater Falls.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:33:30 PM EDT
[#18]
I am from Pocahontas Co., but I am temporarily living in Staunton,Va now. I expect to have a house built & move back in '06.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:10:25 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm in Putnam County. A little garden spot called Hurricane.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:02:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Berkeley co here,Martinsburg to be exact .BTW,anyone up to getting together from the eastern panhandle/winchester area?I am trying to decide what to do that afternoon,might head down to Buffalo Wild Wings on Weems lane,just down past apple blossom mall.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:56:49 PM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By colklink:
Berkeley co here,Martinsburg to be exact .BTW,anyone up to getting together from the eastern panhandle/winchester area?I am trying to decide what to do that afternoon,might head down to Buffalo Wild Wings on Weems lane,just down past apple blossom mall.

What day are you talking about? Bdubs is 2 blocks from me.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:01:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By colklink:

What day are you talking about? Bdubs is 2 blocks from me.

Hell maybe this afternoon,if I can wake up the wife.She slept in this morning untill 930,then got up and is now taking a napI try to tell her that once you have slept more than 12hrs that technically it becomes hibernation,not sleep
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:21:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Best let sleeping.....Uh ladies....lay., Or something like that
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Bubbles, once you and Hardrock relocate you'll be 2-3 miles from my parents place.....Udog

Kewl!  Which part of Inwood?  We'll be west of I-81 just off of Arden Road, in Stoneleigh.

FWIW hubby & I were up there over this past weekend cleaning out stuff to prepare for the move.  We were both asleep by 10:00 New Year's Eve.  He was awakened at midnight by what he swears was M60 gunfire from the farm behind Mom's place.  If so, we're really gonna love our neighbors.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:10:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Summers County here.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:55:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Doinker here, I'm from Beckley Wv, Southern part of the state.!!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:29:00 AM EDT
[#27]

Originally Posted By Bubbles:

Kewl!  Which part of Inwood?  We'll be west of I-81 just off of Arden Road, in Stoneleigh.

FWIW hubby & I were up there over this past weekend cleaning out stuff to prepare for the move.  We were both asleep by 10:00 New Year's Eve.  He was awakened at midnight by what he swears was M60 gunfire from the farm behind Mom's place.  If so, we're really gonna love our neighbors.

Parents are ust across the line in Clearbrook VA, Rest chruch Rd couple miles past the Flying J.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:14:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Charleston, WV
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:17:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Morgan County, just South of Berkeley Springs here. You other WVA guys int that area need to let me know when you are getting together. Martinsburg is no big deal as far as travel, I go to Shepherd U so I'm over there alot. I'd like to meet some ARFCOMers around here and do some shooting. It would be good to pick your brains about some local info like good gunsmiths and stuff.

I'll stop by Sparks and sign the petition. I drop in there every now and then. All the liberals moving to this state are really pissing me off. They move out of their liberal cesspool states to the country because they think it's "quiant", and proceed to start demanding changes be made to make things more  like the $hithole they just moved out of.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:23:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Falling Waters,WV here...Born and raised in the Charleston area...Had to leave WV with my job...They sent me to Maryland of all places...Am finally over the Potomac again...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:11:27 PM EDT
[#31]
What a freakish coincedence.  Well what better state for freakish coincedences?

chissel

Originally Posted By 1371:
Falling Waters,WV here...

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:37:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Morgantown.  Just south of the Mason Dixon line.  Home of the Mountaineers who finally won a bowl game.  After losing a record tying eight bowl games in a row.  I live less than a block from Mountaineer stadium.  So  if any of you guys come in for a game and ask real nice I might have a close parking place for free.  The neighbors usually charge $20 and sell 8-10 spots.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:19:01 PM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By qd4gtz:
Morgantown.  Just south of the Mason Dixon line.  Home of the Mountaineers who finally won a bowl game.  After losing a record tying eight bowl games in a row.  I live less than a block from Mountaineer stadium.  So  if any of you guys come in for a game and ask real nice I might have a close parking place for free.  The neighbors usually charge $20 and sell 8-10 spots.

I grew up in Westover and was a policeman in Morgantown for 6 years.  I'm over in Tucker Co. now.  Glad to see someone close by.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:29:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: blusmoke] [#34]
Elkins checking in.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:10:20 AM EDT
[#35]
6th Generation WV
Grew up in Martinsburg.
Currently live in Capon Bridge
Yep, my mom and dad are 3rd cousins once removed.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:12:15 AM EDT
[#36]
We should do an Eastern Panhandle ARFCOM Shoot sometime.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:36:55 AM EDT
[#37]

Originally Posted By paco97:
We should do an Eastern Panhandle ARFCOM Shoot sometime.

Just arcoss the line in Clearbrook,... Prolly heading up sleepycreek way Sunday.....
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:03:25 AM EDT
[#38]
What time you thinking of heading up to the Creek? I might swing up  just got me a new kimber and sparks underground thing wasn't doing it for me. So i need to break it in the right way.

Oh and sparks said they didn't have any petition at their front desk. Kevin  alot of people have been coming in but said it was just something some body started that wasn't true.  Then again he might just be giving me shit.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:09:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Temporarily stuck in Texas.....but originally from Charleston and I can't wait to get back
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:23:33 AM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By TURNSKULL:
What time you thinking of heading up to the Creek? I might swing up  just got me a new kimber and sparks underground thing wasn't doing it for me. So i need to break it in the right way.

Oh and sparks said they didn't have any petition at their front desk. Kevin  alot of people have been coming in but said it was just something some body started that wasn't true.  Then again he might just be giving me shit.

Sorry if im a little late, probably around 11:30am, Ill have one buddy and possibly my pops with me. Ill have a gaggle of .45's and my buddy will have a tricked out remington 700, pops will be zeroing his smokepole
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:50:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Yeah  was  a little late. But maybe next time. I need to get up there and do some shooting.  i hate going up there alone i did it once and i must say it sucks having every gun you take with you straped to your ass when you go out to change targets..  So  how much do you go shoot at the  creek and what days ?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:06:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Good to see a Summers and Raleigh County presence here.

I am in Bluefield, Mercer County.  Extra class ham, Viet vet (11B, First Cav!)

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:53:28 AM EDT
[#43]

Yeah  was  a little late. But maybe next time. I need to get up there and do some shooting.  i hate going up there alone i did it once and i must say it sucks having every gun you take with you straped to your ass when you go out to change targets..  So  how much do you go shoot at the  creek and what days ?

Very rarely now-a-days,.... Black rifles are SUPPOSE to be a no-no, do most of my shooting at IWL
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:29:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Jefferson County. Shepherdstown to be exact. In position to aggravate the libs at the college by
the wearing of the non-PC ARFCOM T-shirt!

Just moved in this past Saturday, and will probably still be unpacking boxes this time next year!

2IDdoc - if you're in town, and see somebody with an ARFCOM shirt, it's probably me! We
live in the development behind the McDonalds, in Maddex Farm.

LRT - yep, just subtracted one vet from VA's total, and added it to the WV roster.

colklink - you're right down the road.

TURNSKULL - where in Jefferson?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:30:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:47:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Right out side of Shep Town is where i live.

Yeah sleepy creek hates AR's but its the only place i have. I don't know enough people at the IWL to get in. wish i did cause its only 5 min from my house and i would shoot more.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:35:08 PM EDT
[#47]

Right out side of Shep Town is where i live.

Yeah sleepy creek hates AR's but its the only place i have. I don't know enough people at the IWL to get in. wish i did cause its only 5 min from my house and i would shoot more.

Only need one, Not sure if I can sponser you as Im a Winchester member, But if i can i will...Udog
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:10:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Minuteman419] [#48]

Originally Posted By Templar:
Can't have the West Virginians develop an inferiority complex, so I'm tacking this with the VA Roll Call.

Good call!

I've edited the Va. Roll Call Thread to relfect this change and even included a link to this thread in the first post there.

Thanks to those who posted in the Virginias Thread!

Danny
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:31:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Axehandle7 reporting for duty Sir!

Just moved to the Charles Town area from the peoples republic of Alexandria.  Maybe one of you gentlemen could inform me of places to shoot. I have shot in just about any type of competition you can name but rifle 300 yards + is my favorite thing.  Please drop me a line.

Sincerely

Axehandle7

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:27:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TrashHeap] [#50]

Originally Posted By AXEHANDLE7:
Axehandle7 reporting for duty Sir!

Just moved to the Charles Town area from the peoples republic of Alexandria.  Maybe one of you gentlemen could inform me of places to shoot. I have shot in just about any type of competition you can name but rifle 300 yards + is my favorite thing.  Please drop me a line.

Sincerely

Axehandle7

Welcome to WWWV   Axehandle7   Sleepy Creek WMA is the only local public range in this area I know of. I was there last Sunday for a couple hundred rounds of 45ACP. There were quite a few black rifles there as well, nobody seemed too concerned about the 3 round rule.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Tacked WV Role Call.... (Page 1 of 14)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top