Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2016 1:01:30 PM EDT
I am reading conflicting information.

I thought there was a nice place to eat near where I'm working but it has a sign with a red slash through a 1911. I haven't seen one in Kansas before I was in disbelief. I carry a glock but I'm still not going to support them.

The place sells beer but is a restaurant. Can you ignore those signs in Kansas? Do places that sell alcohol have to put them up?
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 2:15:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't quote me, but if I remember right the sign has to be a certain size and must be a Beretta M9 in the picture.  That's the official sign and anything else is invalid.  Even with a valid sign (other than government buildings) you can just switch to open carry and you may carry in the business.  They may ask you to leave but it is not illegal.  
*This is not legal advice.  I would suggest finding the actual laws regarding this.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 12:13:19 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are found to carrying concealed in a private business that is properly identified as not allowing carry, they can ask you to leave and if you do not they can call the police and have you removed/trespass charged.  Concealed means concealed but why support a business that doesn't support you.  Public buildings can bite me unless they have armed security and metal detectors.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Only one sign carries any legal weight behind it.  Sorry for the crappy pic couldn't find the one with just the official sign.  See the one on the left.

Everything else is just an advertisement for stupid business owners declaring their business can be a target rich environment for assholes who aren't afraid of a sign.

As the poster above me said, you can be cited for trespassing if you're asked to leave upon discovery of your weapon and fail to do so.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 4:06:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info, sounds just like Iowa except we dont have an official sign.
Kansas seems to have a great atmosphere on guns. Way friendlier than Iowa media. I talked to Sam Brownback the other day and he seemed alright too.

I'll call this place and see if they will take it down. This is 1 of 2 steak places around and the other place is not the best.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:30:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's the Kansas Attorney General web site on this topic http://ag.ks.gov/licensing/concealed-carry/2014-approved-signage

And here's another site that can answer even more questions about other states
http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/kansas.pdf
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 4:43:46 PM EDT
[#6]
beretta sign is only one
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:31:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Less than one year from now, 7/1/2017 all state buildings including university buildings will be green lit for CCW. If the govt building doesn't have armed security and metal detectors then you can carry. I think courts, jails, and federal buildings will be off limits.

State firearms laws are very pro firearm as it should be!
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:02:35 AM EDT
[#8]
The sign doesn't matter. If it's a baretta sign, a hipoint sign, or a flintlock sign. If a business asks you to keave, for whatever reason, and you dont, and they call the police, and you refuse to leave, you will be cited for tresspassing.

I ignore the signs, I'm sure I print from time to time to the trained eye. I have never been asked to leave any business.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:17:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree with Storm_Tracker, I carry 99% everywhere now.  Concealed is concealed!  I used to only carry when I left the confines of my small town.  Now, I carry even here.  I pretty much carry all the time now.  It's a crazy world out there.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 2:15:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I agree with Storm_Tracker, I carry 99% everywhere now.  Concealed is concealed!  I used to only carry when I left the confines of my small town.  Now, I carry even here.  I pretty much carry all the time now.  It's a crazy world out there.
View Quote

Only place I do not carry is places that have metal detectors. (I have no children in school so I have no reason to be in a school)
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 11:37:33 AM EDT
[#11]
When we first had Concealed Carry, didn't the Beretta sign have to be on the door itself, just like it had to be the official sign?
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:37:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
When we first had Concealed Carry, didn't the Beretta sign have to be on the door itself, just like it had to be the official sign?
View Quote

Yes, at a certain height and size also if I remember right.

Ignore signs now, just leave if they ask.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:53:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Only place I do not carry is places that have metal detectors. (I have no children in school so I have no reason to be in a school)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have, .....Capitol building.... Well I went around it, then proceeded to talk to legislators whilst packing....

I may or may not have gone through the detectors at sprint center.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top