Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2022 9:10:33 AM EDT
Not sure if anyone has a source or contact for anyone between Greenville and Spartanburg up to the NC line that might have some land that they use for a range or would be open to allowing someone to shoot pending agreement to not be an idiot while on their property.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 10:05:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm interested too.  I shoot on my property now, but I can't get anything really long here.

Heck, I've even got my real estate agent keeping an eye out for property that I can buy to make a private range on.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 10:12:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm interested too.  I shoot on my property now, but I can't get anything really long here.

Heck, I've even got my real estate agent keeping an eye out for property that I can buy to make a private range on.
View Quote

I had a private little oasis in WV close to my house where my wife and I paid $100.00/ year to go shoot whenever we wanted. We could even shoot at night if we called ahead of time. It was only a 200 yd range, but was dug out to a nice bowl with a few berms. Could set up small courses as well. It was nice. Stayed fairly clean and folks were pretty respectful.

I haven't shot in over 2 years now with life, covid, etc, but my wife and I want to get back into it and possibly start looking at classes. I'd just like somewhere "not commercialized" to go and have a relaxing zero day. All I really need is 100yds for now to get zeroed and practice the basics again. Nothing against the indoor ranges in the area, but I'd just like it to be "quiet" when I ease back in haha.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 10:31:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I would love something with +200 yards.  I have some rifles I want to be able to stretch out their legs.  I heard there are ranges like this in Taylors, but they are commercial operations as opposed to private.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 11:01:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would love something with +200 yards.  I have some rifles I want to be able to stretch out their legs.  I heard there are ranges like this in Taylors, but they are commercial operations as opposed to private.
View Quote

me too

Link Posted: 7/16/2022 2:28:47 AM EDT
[#5]
https://clintonhouse.com/
If guest it’s $30 a day. I use the 300 yard range but I heard they have up to 1000 yards. Nice place.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 4:06:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Hell, I'm still trying to find a place in the upstate to turkey hunt (that's not Fant's Grove or Keowee). I moved down here about 8 months ago and have zero connections (to anything). Hey, someone want to hook a brother up? I'm a 59yr old gentleman hunter. I'd even leave a cherry pie at your front door before the hunt, lol..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top