Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2022 9:16:31 PM EDT
I was researching the Squatted truck law today thinking it had already past both houses and was sitting on the Governor's desk waiting to be signed.

I was wrong S.908 has gone into conference committee due to non-concurrence.

Is there still time for this to become law in this session or it dead?

Reason I ask has nothing to do with squatted trucks.  Although I hope it does pass. I am very interested in an amendment adding 56-2-140. It deals with creating an on road use licensing of any 4 wheel sit in UTV. I had not heard any talk of this.

Scroll down to till you see 56-2-140:
https://www.scstatehouse.gov/sess124_2021-2022/bills/908.htm
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 11:28:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe it ended on 5/13.
Edit, not sure what that means for the bill though. Hopefully someone with more legal knowledge will be able to answer.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 6:16:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok I got an email reply from House member Richard Yow.

It is not dead. It is in Conference committee. What that means is the Senate and the House has each appointed 3 members to try and resolve the issues on the bill. We will go back (probably in June) to take up budget items, vetos, and Conference reports.

Hope this info helps.
richie
View Quote

Basically the Senate initiated the bill and past it so it was then send to House where they added an amendment to it and past their version. The Senate voted to not agree to the House amendment so it was sent to conference to work out the differences between the 2 versions. Cross your fingers it is still breathing. I believe we have some scheduled time between now and November. I haven't been able to track down the differences between the two.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:09:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I was researching the Squatted truck law today thinking it had already past both houses and was sitting on the Governor's desk waiting to be signed.

I was wrong S.908 has gone into conference committee due to non-concurrence.

Is there still time for this to become law in this session or it dead?

Reason I ask has nothing to do with squatted trucks.  Although I hope it does pass. I am very interested in an amendment adding 56-2-140. It deals with creating an on road use licensing of any 4 wheel sit in UTV. I had not heard any talk of this.

Scroll down to till you see 56-2-140:
https://www.scstatehouse.gov/sess124_2021-2022/bills/908.htm
View Quote

Per the news the squatted truck bill was on the governor's desk waiting to be signed.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 2:20:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Per the news the squatted truck bill was on the governor's desk waiting to be signed.
View Quote

Yeah that was the news I heard too. He had a massive signing day the other day and I went checking to see if he signed it.
Seems at last minute the Senate didn't agree with the amendment the House added. So now it is in conference to shape the bill into a form that both will agree on.

I hate squatted trucks with a passion but I am more interesting in the provision for on road licensing SxS UTVs. There are limitations such as liability insurance, licensed driver, no passenger under the age of 8, headlights, turn and brake signals, seat belts. Use only on roads with speeds of 55mph or less. Engine must be more then 450 CCs.

I can't believe that this didn't even get a blip on local news media. If this passes there are going to be uninformed people questioning what is going on. Granted it will take a year to go into effect after signing to give DMV to organize licensing and informing LEO of the change. Maybe then it will hit the news.

Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:17:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah that was the news I heard too. He had a massive signing day the other day and I went checking to see if he signed it.
Seems at last minute the Senate didn't agree with the amendment the House added. So now it is in conference to shape the bill into a form that both will agree on.

I hate squatted trucks with a passion but I am more interesting in the provision for on road licensing SxS UTVs. There are limitations such as liability insurance, licensed driver, no passenger under the age of 8, headlights, turn and brake signals, seat belts. Use only on roads with speeds of 55mph or less. Engine must be more then 450 CCs.

I can't believe that this didn't even get a blip on local news media. If this passes there are going to be uninformed people questioning what is going on. Granted it will take a year to go into effect after signing to give DMV to organize licensing and informing LEO of the change. Maybe then it will hit the news.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I honestly dont see the big deal. People clog up traffic with their gulf carts around here. Atleast sxs’s can keep up. Cant wait to see the decked out sxs’s on 35 plus tires cruising
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top