Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2022 9:44:34 PM EDT
Can anyone recommend a gunsmith to pin/weld a griffin taper mount on a 14.5 upper?   I’m in Greenville and travel to Columbia weekly so anyone from the midlands north will work.    Since it’s a suppressor mount, I really want it done right.   Tell me who has done work for you and that you would allow to work on another one!    Warnings on who to avoid would be helpful as well.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 10:44:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I had D. Wilson Mfg pin a gas block on a nitrided barrel and also pinned and welded a dead air mount on the same barrel. It's not local, but solid and reputable work and turned it around and back out the door the same day.
If it has to be local you may check with Amick's Guns on Airport Blvd in West Columbia.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 12:09:44 PM EDT
[#2]
No clue recently on quality/service but throwing it out there:

https://innovativearms.com/portfolio/barrel-services/
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 12:19:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:46:04 PM EDT
[#4]
A friend tried to get pin and weld work done by Phillip/Innovative recently but he’s so busy with silencers he couldn’t do the work

I’d check Amicks first

Two shops in Lexington, Rocco and Crossfire, advertise gunsmithing but I’m not sure if that’s assembly type of smithing or if they can do a p/w job but can’t hurt to ask

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:17:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Phil at Innovative did a great job on my PSA AK104.  Pretty cool fella.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:41:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Phil’s good people!  I’d drop them an email and schedule a drop off if they have time to do it.  Last time I spoke with him they were making a slow transition/move to the downtown Camden area.  It it looks like they are still at the old location?  But don’t show up without calling first.  They had to put a fence up to keep the old guys from just showing up and hanging out all day.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the guidance.   Innovative Arms seems to be exactly what I was looking for and definitely was not on my radar.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:14:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Just drove by Wednesday.  Looks like all the fencing is down around the old place.  Maybe he finally got the new place in Camden opened up.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 8:25:33 AM EDT
[#9]
That might explain why they haven’t responded to email or their internal web form for a work order number.   I guess I’ll move on and try Amicks.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:36:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That might explain why they haven’t responded to email or their internal web form for a work order number.   I guess I’ll move on and try Amicks.
View Quote

Yeah.  Looking back at 2017-2018, I wanted to like IA but couldn't.  My email history with them has similar strangeness of "ask question, wait for an answer."  My NFA engraving job ended up with THSF.

I did a suppressor transfer through Amicks at their previous location.  They did good for a Silencer Shop transaction but impressed me as stupid overwhelmed with work.  Which is one reason they probably moved to the CAE airport location.  I saw something on Amicks website or socials about moving to grow the business.  A job with them might require a monthly reminder to call them to see where you are in the queue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top