Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2022 7:16:09 PM EDT
Just got a notice that my stepson's drivers license will be suspended on May 31 if he doesn't put insurance on his Kawasaki motorcycle. The insurance was canceled on April 4, 2022 which incidentally was the day he and the motorcycle both met their end. He will never need a driver's license again, so do I shred the notice or go by the DMV? I don't have a death certificate or know where the bike tag is.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 8:12:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 9:34:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have the police report or a death certificate yet. Should have the latter in a couple of days. I'm thinking that any visit without documentation will be a waste. Thanks for the condolences. He was a good dad to his 5 year old daughter.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 7:29:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry for your loss.

I would just throw the notice from the DMV away.  Deal with real issues, and that's not one of them.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 9:48:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry for your loss.

I would just throw the notice from the DMV away.  Deal with real issues, and that's not one of them.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 3:20:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Dang man, sorry for your loss.  I wish peace for you and your family
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 4:16:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry for your loss.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/7/2022 7:43:00 PM EDT
[#7]
So sorry to hear
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 11:31:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I would send a brief letter back to the DMV explaining the situation. That way you don’t have to go there and wait in line.

Sorry for your loss and hope that your family is dealing with the passing of your stepson
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top