Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2022 10:18:17 AM EDT
Like the title says.

Link left cold on purpose.

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/south-carolina-senate-approves-medical-marijuana-bill-on-initial-vote-after-weeks-of-debate/
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 11:27:24 AM EDT
[#1]
It might pass the Senate but it’s not going anywhere.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 11:52:24 AM EDT
[#2]
As usual SLED is digging in their heels with their "marijuana destroys families" rhetoric.

A little freedom is a dangerous thing in SC.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 4:25:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As usual SLED is digging in their heels with their "marijuana destroys families" rhetoric.

A little freedom is a dangerous thing in SC.
View Quote

I see no evidence that MJ destroys families.

A huge chunk of SC is family-free from the start - 70%+ of blacks are born out of wedlock, so there's no family to destroy. Whites are racing to catch up to those numbers.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 9:18:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Legalize and tax it. Fix some pot holes and put dealers out of a job. Keep people out of jail. Christ it grows out of the ground on its own.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 10:16:13 PM EDT
[#6]
In the last couple of weeks, there have been a number of press conferences and supporters of MJ in the lobby of the Statehouse. The MJ lobbyists have been mounting a huge push. There is some traction in the Senate, but I don’t think that there is support in the house. I wouldn’t start hoarding rolling papers just yet.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 9:02:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm taking the contrary opinion here.  My sister's drug use has seriously damaged my family.  We don't even bother trying to keep her out of jail, or off drugs any longer.  The financial, emotional, and health damage she has done to my parents and herself is monumental.  I am opposed to legalizing marijuana because it does cause damage.  It is addictive.  It is a gateway to other drugs.  I have seen all of this supported in real life by my sister.  

Legalizing marijuana is a bad choice.  

I'm sure I will be bashed by people here that currently use marijuana.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 10:24:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm taking the contrary opinion here.  My sister's drug use has seriously damaged my family.  We don't even bother trying to keep her out of jail, or off drugs any longer.  The financial, emotional, and health damage she has done to my parents and herself is monumental.  I am opposed to legalizing marijuana because it does cause damage.  It is addictive.  It is a gateway to other drugs.  I have seen all of this supported in real life by my sister.  

View Quote

I’m sorry about the damage your family has experienced due to your sister’s use of illegal and illicit drugs. I can truly empathize. I’m sure that behind your sister, your parents have been the most negatively affected by her addictions. I will pray for a positive outcome for all of you.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 9:12:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I’m sorry about the damage your family has experienced due to your sister’s use of illegal and illicit drugs. I can truly empathize. I’m sure that behind your sister, your parents have been the most negatively affected by her addictions. I will pray for a positive outcome for all of you.
View Quote

Thank you.  And you are right about the damage done to my parents.  They have probably suffered more than my sister has.
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 4:23:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Legalize and tax it. Fix some pot holes and put dealers out of a job. Keep people out of jail. Christ it grows out of the ground on its own.
View Quote

Yeah, it doesn't quite work that way. Colorado and California are prime examples.
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 6:59:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yeah, it doesn't quite work that way. Colorado and California are prime examples.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

California is just a shit hole period. Whats the deal with colorado? Well besides the government hijacking the dispensaries cash trucks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 9:03:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

California is just a shit hole period. Whats the deal with colorado? Well besides the government hijacking the dispensaries cash trucks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think his point is that our roads don’t suck because they need more tax money, they suck because it’s a good way to collect more tax money.

Feeding the machine more money just from making an illegal plant legal (then taxing it) won’t fix pot holes or put drug dealers out of business.

I used to be in the legalize-and-tax-it crowd. I work in banking and have been trained to spot the signs of money laundering. I have since moved away from taxing anything.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 10:55:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Or, and stay with me on this,,,,,,,simply legalize  it and let people choose for themselves??

Fuck taxing freedom.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 11:23:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Or, and stay with me on this,,,,,,,simply legalize  it and let people choose for themselves??

Fuck taxing freedom.
View Quote

This.  It's not the government's place to tell anyone what they can or can't put in their body and they've way overstepped any semblance of reasonable when it comes to taxation.  

No desire to smoke it, don't want to smell or deal with most dopeheads, but I don't think it should be illegal or taxed.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 3:56:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is a wide gulf between legalizing for recreational use vs. legitimizing cannabis for medical use in South Carolina. You may rest easy as recreational use will be legalized in SC when hell freezes over.

The bill currently in the state legislature doesn't even allow for smokeable weed. Only pills or tinctures.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:48:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Aaaaaand it’s dead. Thank you Representative John R. McCravy, III for killing the bill and showing South Carolinians who to work against when we see your name on a ballot again.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 2:09:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Reading the news article shows how ridiculous and out of touch some of our politicians and other "leaders" are.  And of course SLED opposed it, they tried like hell to stop open carry from passing and complain about constitutional carry as well.  I didn't see which sheriffs and police chiefs threw their two cents in but of course they don't want to risk losing any money.  For a state that wants to talk about freedoms we sure have a lot of folks who just don't get it.  

https://www.wltx.com/article/news/local/medical-marijuana-bill-south-carolina-fails/101-a5e4a9a2-ce2d-43b7-97c4-ec252db68c7c

I do expect it'll get cleared eventually, including recreational use, whether SC likes it or not (and a lot will wail and moan) but it'll probably take the feds decriminalizing it.  I'm sure they'll do whatever they can to tax it when it does become legal even though you ought to be able to plant your back yard in it or poppies if you so please.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 4:56:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Reading the news article shows how ridiculous and out of touch some of our politicians and other "leaders" are.  And of course SLED opposed it, they tried like hell to stop open carry from passing and complain about constitutional carry as well.  I didn't see which sheriffs and police chiefs threw their two cents in but of course they don't want to risk losing any money.  For a state that wants to talk about freedoms we sure have a lot of folks who just don't get it.  

https://www.wltx.com/article/news/local/medical-marijuana-bill-south-carolina-fails/101-a5e4a9a2-ce2d-43b7-97c4-ec252db68c7c

I do expect it'll get cleared eventually, including recreational use, whether SC likes it or not (and a lot will wail and moan) but it'll probably take the feds decriminalizing it.  I'm sure they'll do whatever they can to tax it when it does become legal even though you ought to be able to plant your back yard in it or poppies if you so please.
View Quote

All facts. Most “Conservatives” wouldn’t know what true freedom looks like.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 3:33:14 PM EDT
[#20]
I had to spend last weekend in Myrtle beach for my son’s soccer tournament in Market Commons.  The tournament had us staying in a “resort” about half a mile south of the pier on S Ocean Blvd (and yes we HAD to stay there as a team in order to play in the tourney).

The amount of open weed smoking surprised me.  What one does in their home I couldn’t care less but basically from 10am to 2am, if you were on the beach, in the parking garage, in a stairwell, and once even in the elevator inside the hotel, people were smoking weed.  I personally don’t use and don’t think it should be illegal but for those who do, this past weekend and not being able to escape it with my young child makes me think twice about supporting it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 6:23:39 PM EDT
[#21]
I can assure you MBPD would arrest anyone on the beach for smoking weed. They try to keep a family image between the gunfire. There are not simply enough officers to go around. They want to hire 50 but only manage 5 at a time.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 6:39:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I can assure you MBPD would arrest anyone on the beach for smoking weed. They try to keep a family image between the gunfire. There are not simply enough officers to go around. They want to hire 50 but only manage 5 at a time.
View Quote

Mbpd looked real tough in the video roughing up the woman in the bikini. Dems are in deep water. Legalizing weed would be a vote getter for them. So many states legalized it or decriminalized it. Theres also states that legalized mushrooms. Does anyone here who is against weed know what ketamine  is? Yes the cat tranquilizer. Theres ketamine bars in SC but not legal weed.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 6:56:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Mbpd looked real tough in the video roughing up the woman in the bikini. Dems are in deep water. Legalizing weed would be a vote getter for them. So many states legalized it or decriminalized it. Theres also states that legalized mushrooms. Does anyone here who is against weed know what ketamine  is? Yes the cat tranquilizer. Theres ketamine bars in SC but not legal weed.
View Quote

Inquiring minds want you to PM them about these K bars
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 8:19:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's being used (legitimately) in the treatment of PTSD, depression, etc. (with excellent results) but I've never heard of bars.  I know there are clinics in some states that will do a consult and then give you an IV, but I haven't heard of it being available in SC (other than in a clinical setting; I think the VA in Columbia was doing some research in conjunction with MUSC).  
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 2:02:36 AM EDT
[#25]
You can get iv’s. Nasal spray. Infused water. Just have to money and go in with the symptoms. Mostly just the money.

https://charlestonketaminecenter.com/faq/

The list of services on this one. Catchey name to.
https://www.suboxonedoctorcharleston.com/services/ketamine-infusions

But yeah crap the grows out of the ground on its own is the devil.

Link Posted: 5/6/2022 5:49:33 PM EDT
[#26]
As far as marijuana leading to harder drugs, one can make the case that nicotine does that. My personal experience is that I've never seen a non cigarette smoker smoke a lot of pot. They might take a occasional hit from some other person's blunt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top