Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 6/19/2020 4:04:44 PM EDT
Craig's is open by appointment only so call first. They were able to accommodate me but yeah, make an appointment. You are going to be asked what specific item you wish to purchase. Circumspect and a bit direct, yes, but it chases off the glass lickers.

Got to PSA about six minutes prior to opening so I got in right away (me and about 30-some other people). I can't say I walked out empty handed but inventory is spotty all over the store. Yes, they still have the Barrel-O-PMAGS ($10). AR parts rack is still a clusterfuck.

Sportsmans Warehouse has no primers and very little if any powder or bullets for reloading. Very few handguns except for 1911's.

Out.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 4:57:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah.

You have to order primers and powder now.

I did get some pistol primers at Simpson’s Wednesday afternoon and a bottle of R15 for a 77gr 5.56 load. Nosler shows it as the most accurate in their data and second fastest. I am good with that.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 7:57:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I went to PSA last week to pick up my Angry Joe lower.  It was a real shit show with everyone trying to keep up with the limited customers allowed in at one time.  Took about 15-20 min for my lower to get to the front desk after doing the 4473.  I actually felt bad because I wanted to get out of there and let someone else in. But they are VERY busy.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 11:51:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah.

You have to order primers and powder now.

I did get some pistol primers at Simpson’s Wednesday afternoon and a bottle of R15 for a 77gr 5.56 load. Nosler shows it as the most accurate in their data and second fastest. I am good with that.
View Quote

On this information I got a box this morning. Thx for the tip.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 2:23:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Supply has dried up all over. Even the on-line suppliers I use via CAE transfers are out of the better mid to upper line firearms. Still plenty of Fudd guns and single action revolvers, exotic top line pistols and 3rd tier pistols if you want that. Try finding a 2020 production HK VP9 at a reasonable price,-nope. CPO or police trade in P320 Carry is long gone.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 4:13:41 PM EDT
[#5]
No one has small rifle primers, locally or online.  Plan accordingly.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 5:48:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Supply has dried up all over. Even the on-line suppliers I use via CAE transfers are out of the better mid to upper line firearms. Still plenty of Fudd guns and single action revolvers, exotic top line pistols and 3rd tier pistols if you want that. Try finding a 2020 production HK VP9 at a reasonable price,-nope. CPO or police trade in P320 Carry is long gone.
View Quote

Lower your standards and join us: the Taurus G2C/G3/G3C Master Race!
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 8:47:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Lower your standards and join us: the Taurus G2C Master Race!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lower your standards and join us: the Taurus G2C Master Race!

Every report I've seen has been surprisingly good on those with the G3 getting even better reviews.  I'd actually like to handle and shoot a G3C just out of curiosity.  I think it's going to be a while before things settle down though, if they do.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 10:06:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Every report I've seen has been surprisingly good on those with the G3 getting even better reviews.  I'd actually like to handle and shoot a G3C just out of curiosity.  I think it's going to be a while before things settle down though, if they do.
View Quote

One of S.C. folks who does table top transfers says the new Taurus guns are jumping out the door and reviews are good.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

One of S.C. folks who does table top transfers says the new Taurus guns are jumping out the door and reviews are good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's definitely on the list of guns that I'd like to check out for one of my cousins who's looking for a compact handgun.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 8:38:43 PM EDT
[#10]
G2C? Just go ahead and get the G3C. For the price of a third magazine (included with the G3C) you get a bunch of upgrades.

1. Nitride (Tenifer) finish slide
2. Visible 'port' replaces top of slide loaded chamber indicator
3. Front slide serrations
4. Upgraded trigger (same as G3)
5. Steel sights (Glock 19 compatible)
6. Indentation on sides of mag well and mag base plates

Link Posted: 6/21/2020 8:48:41 PM EDT
[#11]
3 weeks ago Simpsons Hardware in Sumter had some G3's in stock for $238 I should have jumped on that.

Link Posted: 6/22/2020 3:42:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
No one has small rifle primers, locally or online.  Plan accordingly.
View Quote

If you are in dire straights I can help out.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 9:36:15 AM EDT
[#13]
This morning Simpsons Hardware would only sell me three SLEEVES of small pistol primers. That's their limit per family per day. Likely they'll run out before tomorrow.

Popular ammo is limited to .22lr, a few boxes of Fiocchi .357mag, a few boxes of some brand of brass cased AK FMJ, and a couple of dozen boxes of WWB 9mm (147) the store has no ammo. But hey! They do have about 10 Glocks  G45 G17Gen5, G43, G48, and others I don't remember. They no doubt will be sold out by day's end.

Link Posted: 6/26/2020 5:15:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Went back to Simpsons yesterday afternoon.

Two G19's a Ruger .22, and a shield .40 were all that was left other than those cowboy revolvers that are not selliing.

NO common caliber handgun ammo except for a few boxes of WWB .38spl

Primers (except some magnum) are sold out.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 2:37:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Im amazed at the lack of inventory at the  distributors I use. But like someone said above plenty of Fudd guns and also Glock 44s
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 7:50:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Went back to Simpsons yesterday afternoon.

Two G19's a Ruger .22, and a shield .40 were all that was left other than those cowboy revolvers that are not selliing.

NO common caliber handgun ammo except for a few boxes of WWB .38spl

Primers (except some magnum) are sold out.
View Quote

I got a FULL brick of 1k! The dude at the counter handed me the entire box!  No 3 tray limit.  I have pistol powder/lead/primers/cases for a bit now.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 8:32:27 PM EDT
[#17]
My son called a friend of his at PSA and asked if they had any AKV’s in stock.  Told him they just got two.  He went down and bought one and his room mate bought the other one.  
I told him he found a unicorn. 2 unicorns at that!
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 4:34:16 PM EDT
[#18]
LGS once again has no ammo. Fun watching the fuddy fudd-fudds come in demanding to know why they don't have any.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 4:31:11 PM EDT
[#19]
PSA in Columbia now has a ONE BOX limit on ammo. They are almost stripped out of everything except Fudd stuff in odd calibers. Even the bulk stuff on the floor pallets are getting thin. Just... wow.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 7:17:09 AM EDT
[#20]
The only common caliber ammo LGS had in stock Saturday was 50-rd. boxes of Frontier. Did not buy.

Link Posted: 7/6/2020 7:32:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Ricochet Range had their grand opening this past Saturday. I didn't attend although I should have if for no other reason than to get a chance to win a rifle giveaway.

I need to get over there to see what their retail store has beyond logo merchandise and basic range accessories.

Maybe today.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 8:08:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Ricochet Range had their grand opening this past Saturday. I didn't attend although I should have if for no other reason than to get a chance to win a rifle giveaway.

I need to get over there to see what their retail store has beyond logo merchandise and basic range accessories.

Maybe today.
View Quote

I might drop by there myself.  Their range fees are high from what I saw.  
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 9:29:43 PM EDT
[#23]
I didn't go. I did go to Simpsons to see they still had zip.

Ricochet is closed on Tuesday so I will have to wait until then.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 10:37:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I didn't go. I did go to Simpsons to see they still had zip.

Ricochet is closed on Tuesday so I will have to wait until then.
View Quote

I went to Panteao myself.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:33:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Once again, no ammo at Simpsons except MaxxTech .380

No new firearms, either and mgr. says it's anyone's guess as to when they'll get any more.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 7:14:21 PM EDT
[#26]
THE CHEESE STANDS ALONE

LGS has only one handgun in the pistol display case: An SW Victory .22

No ammo. NO.AMMO

Once again did not make it over to Ricochet Range. Some day....
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 10:25:13 PM EDT
[#27]
If an ARFCOMMER is shopping for a pistol or rifle and has a .mil ID and shopping privileges at the Exchange, the Shaw AFB BX has pretty much a case full of pistols and rifles.  They were closed down from rush because only active duty members, dependents that lived on base and .mil employees were allowed on base.  I don't know if they have ammo, I haven't looked.  I have plenty, I load my own.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:39:56 AM EDT
[#28]
I still have not gotten down to Ricochet Range (they're closed today). What can I say? Don't feel like making a special trip in that direction.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 11:35:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Now that I've gotten Ricochet range out of my system

LGS only has 2 j-frames (no ammo) and four Shields (again, no ammo) at pound-you-in-the-ass prices.

...and some Magtech 45 Auto at $20/box limit 1 per day.

Wandered over to the fishing equipment aisle and bought me a travel urinal.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 6:19:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Now that I've gotten Ricochet range out of my system

LGS only has 2 j-frames (no ammo) and four Shields (again, no ammo) at pound-you-in-the-ass prices.

...and some Magtech 45 Auto at $20/box limit 1 per day.

Wandered over to the fishing equipment aisle and bought me a travel urinal.
View Quote

I would think depends would be more convenient than pulling over to use a portable pisser.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Why go to the gun store when you can get a "steal" at the UPS hub?  
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 10:28:25 PM EDT
[#32]
I hope that didn’t include the DD upper I bought 11 days ago and haven’t seen yet..Also, one of those looks like a 43x I have been waiting for. Things are tough all over I guess, can’t buy ..or steal shit these days..
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 12:05:28 AM EDT
[#33]
I about shit when I read that article. I had a serialized item pass through that UPS hub last Thursday night...the same day these pieces of shit got arrested.

I always get a special case of sphincter-tightening when a purchase is sent via UPS. I trust the postal service more than them and that's sad.
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 4:24:43 AM EDT
[#34]
I got to fondle a G3C at LGS and was impressed by the upgrades Taurus implemented over the G2C.

Didn't buy, but someone did only minutes after I did.

Store is again completely out of ammo save .22lr Subsonic.
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 10:29:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Local ammo situation unchanged: nothing to buy.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 8:43:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Same up here in the upstate.  Best retailer locally for me is PSA for ammo. I have been watching what ammo is still readily available...making me rethink purchases if things ever calm down.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 8:44:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Double tap
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 8:51:34 AM EDT
[#38]
LGS got in 2 cases of .380 FMJ...the first ammo they've been able to get in 3 weeks. Sold 1 box per family it was gone in a couple of hours.

It was Maxxtech no big loss.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 8:53:52 AM EDT
[#39]
For those of you who know where Shooters Choice is in West Columbia, they actually still have some ammo (including 50rnd boxes of Fiocci 300BLK!!!). Prices are same as they were before the rush (a bit higher than elsewhere, but it is what it is). This is as of yesterday afternoon, 08-13-2020.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 12:31:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Simpsons Hardware still has no ammo. Only 2 semi-auto pistols in the display case. A couple of Taurus revolvers and a smattering of .22lr Heritage Arms cowboy wheelies. Again, no ammo for any of them.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 11:33:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Simpsons this morning. No ammo. They did put out a couple of new pistols. Canik TP9SF $299 which is or rather was on my "list" but even with the sweet trigger it's heavy, the slide finish isn't the best, and too large for my hands even with the small backstrap attached. And so I walked.

In before "you should have bought it with the idea of making a $100+ profit selling it later" crowd.

Link Posted: 8/18/2020 9:59:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Simpsons Hardware this morning.

No ammo.

One shield 9 1st gen $350 and one SW Victory .22lr

No ammo.

No ammo.

And if it's not too redundant, no ammo

Link Posted: 8/22/2020 6:44:50 PM EDT
[#43]
LGS again no ammo save a case of Hornady 9mm SD amm. $25/25rd box.

They got in a "raspberry" framed G48. Ewwww.
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 2:38:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Simpsons Hardware got in some pistol ammo (.380, 9mm) but not at prices I'd want to pay. It's gone now.

Link Posted: 8/26/2020 3:15:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Simpsons Hardware got in some pistol ammo (.380, 9mm) but not at prices I'd want to pay. It's gone now.

View Quote

They got some more 9mm today at some of the better prices I've seen recently. $50/200rds and $130/500 of Winchester White Box.

Link Posted: 8/26/2020 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

They got some more 9mm today at some of the better prices I've seen recently. $50/200rds and $130/500 of Winchester White Box.

https://i.imgur.com/SoXUNUC.jpg
View Quote

I saw that this morning. Figuring in tax the 200rd pack is $.27/round
The 500rd pack is $.28/round but you also get the ammo can (if that's valuable to you it isn't to me)
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 6:48:11 AM EDT
[#47]
I can tell you no where up here is anywhere close to that cheap.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 4:29:08 PM EDT
[#48]
I stopped by Shooter's Choice yesterday while in town and they had a 55 gal drum full of 9mm. S&B 115gr 9mm/50 rd boxes for $19.99 limit 5.
I chuckled and moved on....... Surprisingly they seemed pretty busy for a Wednesday morning. Not a lot of variety unless looking for revolver, shotgun, deer rifle or a high end STI pistol. I guess they are like most dealers and have already sold a lot, supplies rolling back into inventory is slow and going out as soon as its on the shelf for sale.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/SoXUNUC.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/29/2020 9:35:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Popped in there Saturday morning at opening time and there was already a line of people waiting at the door to buy their limit one of 200rd WWB 9mm value packs.

I was looking for other ammo but they had none.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top