Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2017 11:52:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: d16man]
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a permit from RI, and FL, however, not being a FL resident,  I'm pretty sure I'm NOT covered.
 I do not own property in SC, but my father does.
Can his property cover me?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 12:53:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Sadly not, if you read the laws and the application you have to own the land in order to be a qualified non resident.  You have to submit a SLED tax form (which is filled out and signed by the county tax assessor) stating that you are listed as the owner.  It's not as simple as sending some mail to your dads address as proof, you would have to be listed as a co-owner.

I just moved back to South Carolina about 5 years ago after a very brief stint being stationed in Rhode Island... still go up there quite a bit visiting friends and family.  But sure glad to not have to deal with that place any longer.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Well just damn.
It would be easier to get residency, here or in Florida.
Preferably Florida,  as that is my long term goal...
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 10:47:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm relatively new to SC and had a CWP in Va where I moved from.

The question I have is if training is required to get a CWP in SC?  I see references to Disabled Vet and such but not seeing much on training.  I heard laws "recently" changed in SC, but given I'm new here not even sure what it was to begin with.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 12:19:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I will say, if you have to call during business hours. I got someone one the second ring.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 12:25:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By turtle2472:
I'm relatively new to SC and had a CWP in Va where I moved from.

The question I have is if training is required to get a CWP in SC?  I see references to Disabled Vet and such but not seeing much on training.  I heard laws "recently" changed in SC, but given I'm new here not even sure what it was to begin with.
View Quote

not sure for prior military but for almost everyone its classroom, and then 50 rounds live fire with a certain amount of hits required.

think the fees have been dropped if not mistaken, or at least some of them.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 8:57:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes. No way around the classroom and firing.
Came from AZ so that permit is ok here.

Had qualified under LEOSA every year in AZ, but finding someone in the sheriffs office that knows what it is is challenging.

Did the scanned fingerprints submission and had the SC permit in a month. No fee, just what they charge at the training site .
They use your SC DL for the pic so you need the DL first.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 6:18:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Here are all the details of SC gun laws

https://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t23c031.php
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top