Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2016 7:46:38 AM EDT
Isn't this the second shooting incident at this mall in the past year?
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 9:49:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I was there on Friday and do not recall seeing any signs on the doors....is it a posted gun free zone?  I usually enter/exit through JCPennys,  Friday I did the food court exit because there were less cars in the parking lot.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 12:37:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess it's the new Dutch Square.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 1:43:21 PM EDT
[#3]
The anchor stores are not posted. And there is no posting when entering the mall from the anchor stores.

The food court entrance is not posted.

I don't believe any of the service entrances are posted.

The other entrances to the mall are posted, however, it does not comply with the SC law regarding posting. It is not on the door and it is very difficult to see from the outside when entering. In fact, almost impossible. Once one has entered, the sign can be seen when looking out of the mall.

I have always entered through the anchor stores (the wife loves Belk) or the food court.

When you roll all these things together I'm not sure if one can all the mall a "gun-free" zone.

When you look at the fact there was a shooting, it shows that, once again, signs are useless against people with bad intent.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 5:14:48 PM EDT
[#4]
So what you are saying is that it is not posted....kind of like bww...too bad my wife actually likes their wings.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:52:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I live in the chas area but last april when i was there i didnt see any signs when entering through the food court. If it is in fact a gun free zone then that wouldn't surprise me.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw one sign (by that new Red Robin) and it does not conform to the law.  No other signs at the facility that I know of.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:49:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I am hearing rumors about finding some Airsoft guns in the area. Lol WTF
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:17:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:52:13 PM EDT
[#9]
So we're all just supposed to ignore the bong (and other drug kit stuff) in the picture, right?

The description of the suspect did not include a backpack.  Something I would expect to be pretty easy for any witness to have noticed and report.

Also, there wouldn't be spent brass casings if a revolver were used.

The Old Spice High Endurance stick of deodorant should have PLENTY of DNA to try and match a suspect with. The spilled bong water might have had some back wash in it.  There should be fingerprints on the bong, or the lighter, etc.

Shitty police work at best.  I expect we will find that this is just some teenager's Thug Life starter kit that he stashes in a storm drain to keep his parents from finding.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top