Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2016 3:48:07 AM EDT
Hey guys, looking to take some more advanced training in 2016 and would like to get in on a Force on Force class of some sort. Does anybody know of anything around SC that offers these type courses? I like the idea of added realism of fighting against someone fighting or shooting back instead of having static targets. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:40:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey guys, looking to take some more advanced training in 2016 and would like to get in on a Force on Force class of some sort. Does anybody know of anything around SC that offers these type courses? I like the idea of added realism of fighting against someone fighting or shooting back instead of having static targets. Thanks in advance.
View Quote

I'd like to take one also. Shootlogic has a Simunitions class but I haven't heard anything about it. http://www.shootlogic.com/simunitions-force-training.html
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 9:11:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'd like to take one also. Shootlogic has a Simunitions class but I haven't heard anything about it. http://www.shootlogic.com/simunitions-force-training.html
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I volunteer some of my time at Shootlogic.

We held our first Simunitions class late last year. I spent the day as a role player, was very good. Lots of great feedback from the students.

Next class is Feb 20.

We place students in various scenarios, let them do their thing, then debrief about decisions, thought process, and consequences.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 2:24:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

We held our first Simunitions class late last year. I spent the day as a role player, was very good. Lots of great feedback from the students.

Next class is Feb 20.

We place students in various scenarios, let them do their thing, then debrief about decisions, thought process, and consequences.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Next class is Feb 20.

Sounds like a great course, this is as the Reeseville location?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:19:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Threat Management owns the old high school in Boman SC that they use for sims training. We were supposed to run through it last year and got bumped by a mil class.

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:36:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Next class is Feb 20.

That's correct. They have a shoot house on-site where these scenarios are housed.

If anyone here signs up for a future class, let me know, because chances are good you'll be shooting at me (maybe!) unless I'm traveling for my real job, lol.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:03:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Threat Management owns the old high school in Boman SC that they use for sims training. We were supposed to run through it last year and got bumped by a mil class.

View Quote

Do they have anything scheduled for this year sims wise?
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:05:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's correct. They have a shoot house on-site where these scenarios are housed.

If anyone here signs up for a future class, let me know, because chances are good you'll be shooting at me (maybe!) unless I'm traveling for my real job, lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Next class is Feb 20.

Id like to go to the one coming up later this month, but its pretty short notice for me as its a good 3 hours away. Im looking to see what the future dates are for that class and work out the logistics. My wife loves Charleston, so im thinking we can make it into a long weekend trip kind of deal for her.

ETA: as far as them providing the weapons, are they the Glock based sims guns? I was just wondering if I could use my personal holster for realistic CCW situations, or if they provided holsters as well(IWB or OWB).
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:03:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly I don't know. They do a lot of mil contract work. The classes I have taken with them I organized. They don't list it on their web site, but I know they do it. Their office is in Ladson behind Velocity Power Sports. They are the real deal.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:14:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Honestly I don't know. They do a lot of mil contract work. The classes I have taken with them I organized. They don't list it on their web site, but I know they do it. Their office is in Ladson behind Velocity Power Sports. They are the real deal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, from what ive seen/heard they are legit. If you plan on organizing a sims course this year would you mind letting me know so I can try to work it in my schedule?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:56:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yea, from what ive seen/heard they are legit. If you plan on organizing a sims course this year would you mind letting me know so I can try to work it in my schedule?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If we plan one it will be late 2016. I'm looking at taking a PatMac class this spring.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:55:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If we plan one it will be late 2016. I'm looking at taking a PatMac class this spring.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds good. I only have one class scheduled for later this year, in September. Taking another Vehicle Defense Course.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:05:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds good. I only have one class scheduled for later this year, in September. Taking another Vehicle Defense Course.
View Quote

Where is that? Been looking around for a good vehicle class and also a good low/no light class in the SC area.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:39:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Alex at http://trainingforlifellc.com was regularly teaching near Columbia (I think he moved recently) and offered a variety of classes - I did shotgun and rifle a few years back with him.

His site looks not to have been updated recently, but he emailed about some classes in NC (Greensboro and Haw River) earlier this week.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:59:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Where is that? Been looking around for a good vehicle class and also a good low/no light class in the SC area.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Solo Defense is hosting the class, William Petty from 88 Tactical is putting it on. 2 day course, handgun defense so no rifle stuff.

As far as location, there is a slight issue currently. Their facility in Gold Hill NC has recently had to close because of some zoning issue, but they hope to have it back up in the next couple of months. His classes in the meantime are at several different locations in NC scattered around. Ill update you if I can get more info, if I can remember ill PM you.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:45:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Alex at http://trainingforlifellc.com was regularly teaching near Columbia (I think he moved recently) and offered a variety of classes - I did shotgun and rifle a few years back with him.

His site looks not to have been updated recently, but he emailed about some classes in NC (Greensboro and Haw River) earlier this week.
View Quote

Alex moved to Tennessee last year. I dunno if he will be teaching anymore in SC. My wife and I have taken 6 classes from him. Great instructor for Suarez International.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey guys...I am with Shootlogic and we have at least one Simunitions course scheduled every month through the year.  We are working on expanding curriculum to include low light Sims courses.  To answer some of your questions:

Yes, you may bring your own holsters and mag pouches for the Sims classes.  Our firearms are the Glock based Sims model and work properly in holsters.

We are bringing in other nationally recognized instructors for our facility to include the usage of our Sims house that we are constantly working to improve upon.  For instance, Pat McNamara will be teaching his Sentinel class here in March and we are bringing Craig Douglas(Southnarc) for his Armed Movement in Structures(AMIS) class in May (seats are still available).  

We are bringing several guest instructors to our facility throughout the year to bolster our own in house curriculum so please don't hesitate to visit our site and click on the title to be taken to the registration page.  We have everything from the Appleseed shoot coming this year, to being one of the signature ranges for the Outdoor Channel's American Marksman competition of which we are very excited about.  

As far as our in house classes we teach a very fundamentally grounded, marksmanship intensive curriculum.  All of us continue to take classes and/or compete and are always looking to learn ourselves.  I can assure you none of us are mall ninjas or have the "I'm an instructor, I don't need any more classes" attitude.  We want people to learn and to leave knowing how to continue to improve in their own practice.  If you guys have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 12:55:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hey guys...I am with Shootlogic and we have at least one Simunitions course scheduled every month through the year.  We are working on expanding curriculum to include low light Sims courses.  To answer some of your questions:

Yes, you may bring your own holsters and mag pouches for the Sims classes.  Our firearms are the Glock based Sims model and work properly in holsters.

We are bringing in other nationally recognized instructors for our facility to include the usage of our Sims house that we are constantly working to improve upon.  For instance, Pat McNamara will be teaching his Sentinel class here in March and we are bringing Craig Douglas(Southnarc) for his Armed Movement in Structures(AMIS) class in May (seats are still available).  

We are bringing several guest instructors to our facility throughout the year to bolster our own in house curriculum so please don't hesitate to visit our site and click on the title to be taken to the registration page.  We have everything from the Appleseed shoot coming this year, to being one of the signature ranges for the Outdoor Channel's American Marksman competition of which we are very excited about.  

As far as our in house classes we teach a very fundamentally grounded, marksmanship intensive curriculum.  All of us continue to take classes and/or compete and are always looking to learn ourselves.  I can assure you none of us are mall ninjas or have the "I'm an instructor, I don't need any more classes" attitude.  We want people to learn and to leave knowing how to continue to improve in their own practice.  If you guys have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

[email protected]
View Quote

Thanks for the info, it is much appreciated. Once I can get the logistics/job stuff worked out ill be taking some courses with you guys this year for sure.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:09:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Another succesful Force on Force class conducted today!  We definitely had some eyes opened on the simple scenarios that were presented to the students.  We really hope to see some of you on the range soon!  If you need anything let us know!
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 2:03:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Another succesful Force on Force class conducted today!  We definitely had some eyes opened on the simple scenarios that were presented to the students.  We really hope to see some of you on the range soon!  If you need anything let us know!
View Quote

Awesome, id really like to take the one coming up in March or April, cant remember exactly. Im going to try to make it work, I really feel like this type of training needs to be done for everyone to see just how quickly things can happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top