Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2013 4:27:50 PM EDT
Pickens County Sheriff Rick Clark said in a Facebook post "I usually don’t post political items, but today is different. I received this notification today, "As a mark of respect for the memory of Nelson Mandela, the President orders that the flag of the United States be flown at half-staff effective immediately until sunset, December 9, 2013.” Nelson Mandela did great things for his country and was a brave man but he was not an AMERICAN!!!! The flag should be lowered at our Embassy in S. Africa, but not here. Our flag is at half-staff today for a Deputy in the low country who died going to help his fellow Deputy. He deserves the honor. I have ordered that the flag here at my office back up after tomorrow’s mourning of Pearl Harbor Day!”

Read more: http://www.wyff4.com/news/local-news/oconee-pickens-news/upstate-sheriff-makes-comments-about-lowering-flag-for-nelson-mandela/-/9654906/23363056/-/9fb1lnz/-/index.html#ixzz2mkRTXtwR

For you guys that Facebook please find the sheriff's page and provide him some support....
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:34:07 PM EDT
[#1]
When I first heard about that on the news, I was all of these at once. I wonder how many others are opposing it. I hope this gets around so others don't continue keeping the flag at half staff after the 7th.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 3:32:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Saw that on WLTX's website- along with the usual retarded comments.  He'll catch a lot of flack for it but I'm glad to see it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:39:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Yessir!

I am sure glad this REAL AMERICAN did not lower Old Glory for some Communist Terrorist.

I even had to have words with my Preacher on Sunday, as he was praising Mandela to high heaven. When I asked my Preach if he knew why Mandela was jailed, he said: "...I guess just because he was black."

I said heck no! He was jailed because he and his group illegally imported 200,000 hand grenades to SA and were using them to kill people!

I emailed my Preacher this link:

Mandela--Myth and the Real Man

BTW--Mrs. Mandela was the one who invented/perfected "The Necklace." An old tire doushed in gasoline they hung over their enemies' heads and then lit it!

Mandela never, I repeat, NEVER disavowed violence to achieve his ends.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top