Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2015 3:31:28 AM EDT
Must be in the Idaho Rockies and have / be:

Off The Grid
1 - 5 Acres of land of which some is level, some is not.
Water supply (not essential if well and casement are already installed).
Lots of trees for cabin building.
Access in winter (4x4 ok).
No CCR's
At least 1000 Yards from any interstate, 500 yards from a highway.
Not have many neighbors close-by
Not part of a Home Owners Association.
Preferably sold from an existing, larger acreage.

Tall order I know but that's what I'm looking for. :)
Anyone got some land like that or know people who have? I've gone to realtors etc and they are asking silly money etc.

Thanks for your time folks.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:50:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Bonner County /thread

EDIT:  It's funny what others consider remote.  In may places up here, distance to highways and freeways is measured in miles, not yards.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:21:48 AM EDT
[#2]
You can get all you wanted, and more, but you must be ready to pay silly money, cause money isn't worth much anymore
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:54:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can get all you wanted, and more, but you must be ready to pay silly money, cause money isn't worth much anymore
View Quote

To me silly money is above $10k an acre.

Anyway I've done some calculations, looked at bulk buys for large acreages etc. Per acre I get a figure between $3,000 and $9,000 depending on the area. Hopefully with some more good fortune the price is right! :)
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:45:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bonner County /thread

EDIT:  It's funny what others consider remote.  In may places up here, distance to highways and freeways is measured in miles, not yards.
View Quote

Even better was the mention of HOA's
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top