Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2021 2:28:04 PM EDT
After 12 years in the wet side of Washington, my interest in staying here is, well, gone...

I know everybody and their dogs seem to be moving into MT, I see home prices have gone nuts all over the state, particularly the metro areas.

First problem is work... are there any living wage jobs outside of the major metro areas? No real limitations on area, however, the wife would rather not be real remote; close to a town, couple hours or less to regular shopping.

Second problem is housing, but no sense flogging that horse until work is sorted out.

I am currently nearing 9 years working as a quality inspector for a major global aerospace company, no opportunity for remote work. I have a class A CDL, though long haul is not a consideration. Born and raised in the Golden Triangle, with farming background, though not raised on the farm. No college paper. Wife and kids, all school age for next school year. Wife has degree, though single income is preferred for at least a couple more years.

Not opposed to entering an apprenticeship, union or non-union, if this would achieve the goals.

Comments, suggestions welcome. Is single income “middle class” living a pipe dream?
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 6:42:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure if they are hiring or not but Boeing has a location in Helena. Might be something to look into considering your background.

Good luck on your quest.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 8:07:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 8:54:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I am not set on staying with the aerospace industry with a move to MT. Boeing in general is not hiring right now, and Helena rarely has openings. I watch that location regularly, and have seen only a handful of openings over the last 2+ years. These have been primarily interns and engineers.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 1:07:51 AM EDT
[#4]
There is a place in Great Falls called AV Max, I believe they refurbish planes? Might be worth looking at?
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 6:41:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Good info, thanks. They do have some openings right now.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:27:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Neptune Aviation in Missoula

Neptune Aviation
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:49:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:39:08 PM EDT
[#8]
You might also check up in MT's "gun valley" and see if PROOF, Defiance, Shield Arms, or any of the other gun manufacturers could use your QC experience.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:46:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I had no idea there were so many manufacturers in MT! Glad to see it.

Thanks for the ideas, I have some research to do, now. ??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top