Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2021 5:48:26 PM EDT
I'm setting up another LA HTF meetup/American Pioneer Corps hike slated for Saturday, May 15 at 8am.

Location will be the MS River levy trailhead, starting at the Water Campus trailhead. The hike we did last time was pretty easy, and I'd like to make this accessible to everyone. It's been a rainy few weeks, so this will be ideal for skipping the mud as well.

916-1398 S River Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70802

Attachment Attached File

Our hike will follow a standard APC hike. We'll hike three miles south of the trail then hike back, maintaining at least a 3mph pace. If you want to follow the APC guidelines, you will carry a 45lb pack (not including water). If you just want to come hang out, get some exercise, and meet the local HTF guys, no pack needed.

If you're not sure what the American Pioneer Corps is, read in our first LA HTF thread here, or read up on the APC website here. There's also a wealth of info in arfcom's own APC forum here.

I'd like for our next event to be in the Lafayette or Alexandria area, so I'll start looking into that.

@bcamp15
@toddmtnbkr
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 1:54:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Idk what the deal is, but I havent been getting tags notifications.

I will post back later this week when I know what my weekend looks like.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 10:07:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bcamp15:
Idk what the deal is, but I havent been getting tags notifications.

I will post back later this week when I know what my weekend looks like.
View Quote

A lot of the HTF is on signal. You might consider joining there as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top