Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/6/2020 3:00:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Captain_Morgan]
ETA: I think this is too short notice. Let’s choose another date in the future.

Hey guys, I know this is last minute, but lets do this again.  I'm going to propose we do a hike on the MS river levy tomorrow, November 7 at 8am.

Location will be the MS River levy trailhead, starting at the Water Campus trailhead. The hike we did last time was pretty easy, and I'd like to make this accessible to everyone. There's a chance of rain, so this will be ideal for skipping the mud as well.

916-1398 S River Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70802

Attachment Attached File

@bcamp15
@toddmtnbkr
@superq7
@HEdad
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 4:41:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this done wearing gear, or just with a pack? I'm sure looks would be given by people downtown, so I'm assuming just packs?
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 5:54:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, packs with 45 lbs. It wasn’t bad last time at all
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 6:09:14 PM EDT
[#3]
The standard APC hike involves hiking 6+ miles at a pace of 3+ mph while carrying either:

-35lb pack plus rifle (excluding water)

or

-45lb pack (excluding water)

Being as we'll be doing this in the middle of Baton Rouge, we don't want to be carrying rifles. If you prefer, you can break down and add your rifle into your 35lb pack, and that would satisfy the requirements. As a heads up, if you're planning on doing this, I highly recommend a framed pack.

That said, you don't have to carry a weighted pack to participate. One of the main goals of the APC organizations is networking in our local communities, so I don't want anyone to feel discouraged if they can't carry the weight.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 6:52:28 PM EDT
[#4]
If you have time, could you find a link to the pack you lent me or something similar? That pack was pretty nice
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 7:38:17 PM EDT
[#5]
It’s an old Lightfighter RAID pack that i bought off the EE. Those exact kinds aren’t made anymore, but look up the ATS RAID II. It has some improvements over the original.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#6]
So, I didn't get a mention notification on this. I am booked up the next couple of weekends with parties and work. My December weekends are looking good though for future hikes.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 7:20:41 PM EDT
[#7]
You done messed up Captain! I’ll be intermittent throughout hunting season. Y’all figure out time and place that works for y’all and I’ll adjust to that.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 10:09:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm going to have to start checking the home town forum more often.  If I'm off the next time you guys decide to get together, I might come out and ruck with you guys.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 12:49:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I too need to check HTF more often. I’m in to do some networking but I think I’m short a pack. I’ll have to check the attic.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 2:26:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I’m sure we could scape together an extra if you need.

Not sure when we’ll do this next, but I’m open to suggestions.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:34:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Kind of like HEDad, hunting season is upon us right now. Maybe sometime after the 1st of the year would be good for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top