Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2020 3:37:55 PM EDT
Hey all,

I have a local (Baton Rouge area) range that lets me shoot after dark and putting feelers out there for anyone else interested in coming out there too.
Due to the trust that I've built with the RSO...he lets me do this.  I also have another buddy that occasionally goes (@Bcamp15) too.

If you are interested in joining me, we can meet 1 hour, prior to sunset...so that we can gain a comfort level (shooting/weapon handling competency) with each other.

I have steel targets that I often set up, and we used to have portable sign stands (which I may replace again) that we could use too.

LMK.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 3:53:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have NVG, but if shooting with a WML counts, I may be interested.

My biggest concern right now would be replacing 9mm after shooting it. I can't manage to find any target loads in stock for a reasonable price, and due to that, I'm worried about shooting the stock I have.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 1:02:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Captain_Morgan:
I don't have NVG, but if shooting with a WML counts, I may be interested.

My biggest concern right now would be replacing 9mm after shooting it. I can't manage to find any target loads in stock for a reasonable price, and due to that, I'm worried about shooting the stock I have.
View Quote

Definitely understand that ammo concern, as I share it as well.
I have a decent stock, and also to my own reloads (and have plenty of loading supplies)...so I'm a little less hesitant.
I also am running 223 some, and starting to run 762 a little more (since it is easier and cheaper to get).

As it relates to WML and/or NVGs....I like to work both (so we can make either/both work).
I also have a PVS14/helmet and a dBal I can let you use if you want to try out NVGs.

This Thursday looks good for me,  except weather looks crappy (although forecasts out that far are far from reliable).
I'll check it again, Wednesday am, and try to remember to post up here.

LMK if you want to meet up.

Link Posted: 10/6/2020 8:08:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I’d be down waiting on a back ordered PVS14 to come in. Have a DBAL and modlite IR i need to play with once all the kit comes in!
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 11:02:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m interested
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 8:19:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey y’all,
Looks like this Thursday is a go for me.

Let me know if anyone else wants to meet up out there.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 12:08:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Good times were had.
Steel was shot.
Paint was removed
Skills were honed.
I have a new device coming in, today...so may go back out again very soon.
HMU if you are up for it

Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:44:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I’m going to be working in New Orleans this coming week. Are there any ranges around where I could shoot at night? I want to let a friend try out my PVS-14 and LAM.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 10:18:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I guess you guys don’t get much traffic in your HTF.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 5:57:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By mah827:
I guess you guys don't get much traffic in your HTF.
View Quote
No, there isn't any ranges that I'm aware of that allow night shooting in the New Orleans area.

And you are correct, there isn't much traffic in here, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 9:32:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By tunatuk:
No, there isn't any ranges that I'm aware of that allow night shooting in the New Orleans area.

And you are correct, there isn't much traffic in here, unfortunately.
View Quote

Thanks for the reply. Too bad you don’t get more action here. I have always tried to connect with the local guys using the HTF. I have even met up with guys in other states while traveling for work.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 10:35:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks like I missed out!

I work lots of shift work.  

Subscribing to the thread.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 10:30:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: toddmtnbkr] [#12]
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 10:31:29 AM EDT
[#13]
I guess you guys don’t get much traffic in your HTF.
View Quote

That would be what I’ve observed here too.
Although I have met 3 people from the local area through this platform.  I’ll take that.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 10:35:44 AM EDT
[#14]
I’m going to be working in New Orleans this coming week. Are there any ranges around where I could shoot at night? I want to let a friend try out my PVS-14 and LAM.
View Quote

Hey man,
Correct.  Not much traffic that I’ve observed or participated in.

My “traffic” wouldn’t have helped anyways.
I dont’ know of the ranges down there, nor if they allow low light work.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 11:38:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By toddmtnbkr:

Hey man,
Correct.  Not much traffic that I’ve observed or participated in.

My “traffic” wouldn’t have helped anyways.
I dont’ know of the ranges down there, nor if they allow low light work.
View Quote

Thanks for the reply. It’s tough to find places to shoot at night. I’m lucky to know a couple people with property where I can get some night training in. And some hog hunting.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 12:54:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Hit me up for next time. I have a buddy with NVGs that would be interested. I’ll have to use WML as I’m with the poors for NVGs.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:23:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Would love to go, but I am 2 1/2 hours away! DANG!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top