Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2020 10:49:55 PM EDT
Hey Texas/ Louisiana  guys, a N.Y. guy here, if you need a place to go you are welcome here. I have a pad for a rv along with water and electric.  If needed please message me, we are all in this together.
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 11:25:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Quite neighborly of you New York.

Y’all stay safe down there!   Good luck men.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 12:12:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Our HT section is not active but I’m here to help. I’m in Gonzales (between BR and NOLA).

Me and my crew have big trucks and boats if need be. Let us know.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 12:28:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I’m in Gonzales as well. I feel we’re pretty well protected from the brunt of the storm. I wish I still had my boat, I’d be going out like I did for the ‘16 flood
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 8:01:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Prairieville here (the three of us need to grab a beer some time), and fortunately this area is fine.

I’m a bit worried about Lake Charles though.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Have a cousin in Lake Charles. All I know is she and family went to NO to ride it out, no word yet.  Friend in Opelousas fared well but has friends that did not, lost everything.  Heard about the chemical fire in LC, bad situation
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 8:13:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Captain_Morgan:
Prairieville here (the three of us need to grab a beer some time), and fortunately this area is fine.

I’m a bit worried about Lake Charles though.
View Quote

I’m down for a get together. I’ve been seeing videos out of LC and I saw the chlorine leak too. It’s a bad situation down there, I feel for those who will have to rebuild. Fortunately this is not an every year kind of event.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#7]
From the reports I’m getting from people that have been in Lake Charles, it is bad. We’re up in Kinder and luckily my house is good. Dad has 25+ trees down on his place but only his shop took a hit.

I thought Rita was bad, but this is way worse.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 4:37:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm a field adjuster I'll be heading down shortly. If anyone has a place to park a 36ft 5th wheel while I work for a few weeks I'd like to chat. I'm not sure where I'll be exactly yet though. Probably close to the bad damage.

If you have insurance questions I'll try to help. Email is better than IM for me

Document your unusual living expenses. Food. Hotels. Travel. Generator fuel. Generator purchase etc. These small Bill's help work on your deductible so you can get the repairs you need

Tarping roofs or walls that are storm damaged is generally reimbursable by your policy.

Down trees on property generally have low maximums on a policy. Getting a downed tree or limb off an insured structure is a different pool of money. Try to get your invoices split if you have it contracted. This usually includes sidewalks and driveways that accommodate the legal access of an insured structure.

Get the trees off the structures before the adjuster shows up.

If you're inclined offer your adjuster a bottle of water.

If you can, answer out of state calls, robots dialers are annoying but your desk adjuster and field adjust may be trying to reach you.

Desk adjusters are your primary point of contact, field adjusters like me are the only person you're gonna see but were also the lowest person on the totem pole with the most sweat and least authority in your claim

Field adjusters who are not in a company vehicle are not going to be able to answer policy questions or make decisions about what is covered. Just that it has or doesn't have storm damage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top