Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2020 12:33:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1Devildog]
I'm looking to replicate the olive dressing I had on a Muffuletta sandwich at the Camellia Grill in NOLA earlier this year.

Anyone have a good recipe?

Wife was born and raised there, so I want to make this to remind her of home...
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 9:36:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Melted butter > Olive dressing

And toast it alittle

Much better.......

Link Posted: 7/28/2020 9:07:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By G_S:

Melted butter > Olive dressing

And toast it alittle

Much better.......

View Quote

Normally I would agree. Butter and bread is a perfect marriage, but your suggestion is not a traditional NOLA Muffuletta...
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 8:08:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eworkz2020] [#3]
I would use a lighter olive oil. Check Central Grocery's website or call them, but do not ask what they are using on their muffuletta you will most likely get hung up on, just ask which light olive oil they carry and which is the best, then try to find it ,or order it locally. That's one of the best in the city, so it should be close. I usually make bagel muffulettas, but I am very particular on the olive mix and meats/cheese.

Central Grocery

CENTRAL GROCERY
923 Decatur St.
New Orleans, LA 70116
(504) 523-1620
[email protected]

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 8:20:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks op this thread is going to derail me from keto...hahahaa nah seriously a 1/4 of a Muffuletta, Zaps Crawtaters, and an ice cold beer sounds so good!
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 8:03:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree completely. We rarely eat bread, but a good Muffuletta is worth the cheat on occasion.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 8:05:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By eworkz2020:
I would use a lighter olive oil. Check Central Grocery's website or call them, but do not ask what they are using on their muffuletta you will most likely get hung up on, just ask which light olive oil they carry and which is the best, then try to find it ,or order it locally. That's one of the best in the city, so it should be close. I usually make bagel muffulettas, but I am very particular on the olive mix and meats/cheese.

Central Grocery

CENTRAL GROCERY
923 Decatur St.
New Orleans, LA 70116
(504) 523-1620
[email protected]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/509249/taste-slides4_jpg-1523538.JPG
View Quote

Will do. I should have seen if they sold it when we were there, but such sensory overload I didn't think to at the time.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 9:46:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: huggybro] [#7]
Olive Salad Mix on Amazon

My Dad used to hand make olive salad mix for Christmas presents. It would take him a whole day plus to cut up all the ingredients.
He finally decided it was too much work. We buy a jar at Central Grocery when we are in the Quarter or the Boscoli brand. Both are good.
We have a little sandwich shop near us that makes a pretty decent muffuletta. What we really like about it is that it is pressed like a
panini.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:25:42 PM EDT
[#8]
We go through at least one jar a week of Boscoli Family Italian Olive Salad.

Boscoli Olive Salad
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top