Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2016 8:51:29 AM EDT
Mind kinda sucks. Lost my Dad in Dec, I'm getting a divorce, and I'm working.

But, I'm alive and kicking and they sell beer on Sunday in Guntown.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Mind kinda sucks. Lost my Dad in Dec, I'm getting a divorce, and I'm working.

But, I'm alive and kicking and they sell beer on Sunday in Guntown.
View Quote

Lost my dad in October of 2013.  Next to my divorce, it was the SECOND most difficult thing I've ever endured.
I'm a far better divorced person than I ever was a married person.  He drove me batshit crazy.

It's 10:30 and I've already cut the grass and done the weed eating.  It's going to take more than beer...

That's me and dad shooting in April of 2007.  On the right is a photo of Lewis Falls at Yellowstone.  He wanted to go to Yellowstone but got ill too quickly to go.  This is where we scattered part of his ashes.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:08:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine died suddenly 4 days after Christmas. Buried him on Thursday and my youngest go married on Saturday. Its been a tough go lately.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:30:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine died suddenly 4 days after Christmas. Buried him on Thursday and my youngest go married on Saturday. Its been a tough go lately.
View Quote

Day by day.  Like eating an elephant--one bite at a time.
Keep looking forward, but remember the direction you came from.  Sometimes remembering the past means you don't repeat a mistake.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:48:40 PM EDT
[#4]
As soon as we get my best bro's (since 1979) 26' cabin cruiser running, we're gonna party up and down the Tenn-Tom. My cousin wants me to fly to Orlando on his dime and stay as long as I want.  Probably try to get to CWE this year or CWW next year. Probably hit the coast and hang out with some Colabros.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 9:44:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Keep looking forward, but remember the direction you came from.  Sometimes remembering the past means you don't repeat a mistake.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try to apply that to every aspect of my life, work, dating, etc... it really is the only way to go. Far easier said than done however.

ETA: I do still have my dad and I thank God for that. He and my mom do their best to keep me sane
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top