Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2014 2:32:49 PM EDT

I was at my local dealer picking up something we ordered and we were walking NFA, Class 3s, NFA Trusts, etc. Anyway, he tells me that they are the only ones in the state that are set up to E-file. I wanted to see if that was true or if other dealers out there can E-file also.

ETA: He said their turn around time on receiving the stamp was about 90 days.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:59:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't comment on the 90 day's.

Any class 3 dealer can sign up for NFA E-File, NSSF sent out an email wanting all to get onboard. There was some problems early on with the system that probably have been worked out. Some dealers have elected to wait till the system bug's have been worked out. Others may not be up on computers enough to want to do it, but that's just a guess.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:48:35 PM EDT
[#3]
My friend is a 03 and he is e filing. So that guy is full of shit. And yes the wait times are much less with e file.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Full of crap. I did 4 eform so last week. 3 form 3's and one form 4.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Lots of them are efiling so he is mistaken or full of crap.

Edit. The Form 4's that my FFL efiled at the around October 20 are coming in now. He sent one in for me via snail mail in September and efiled one in December. I think the December one will be here first.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:53:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Thanks. And that's what I thought because I didn't see why Efiling would be such a big deal and I knew he couldn't get exclusive rights to a government service but wanted to check with yall.

That's also why I didn't name the place... why give free advertising when he's lying?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top