User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 5/15/2007 10:18:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Hinds county , Jacktown

Shoot at Magnolia in Byram

Link Posted: 5/17/2007 9:03:36 PM EDT
[#2]
HELLO FELLOW MISSISSIPPIANS! WILKINSON COUNTY, WAY DOWN SOUTH ON THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER. WE SHOOT AR-15S AND ALL KINDS OF GUNS FROM UP CLOSE OUT TO 1000YDS. (VERY RURAL PRIVATE LAND ON HOMOCHITTO RIVER). WE PLACE METAL TARGETS IN THE SHALLOW WATER ON SANDBARS SO YOU CAN SEE IF YOUR HITTING HIGH OR LOW. GREAT FUN!    
Link Posted: 5/19/2007 6:43:35 PM EDT
[#3]
from rankin co. shoot at turcotte
Link Posted: 6/9/2007 6:46:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SandBag] [#4]
Scott Co. ( forest )

Iv been comeing here for about 2 years now but havent taken the time to register till today when i saw some comments about our Range . It's 501 shooting range & Southern Bullets located 7 miles south of I20 on hwy 501. We offer a pistol range with target holders set at 25 yards but the berm is at 50 yards . The rifle range is at 100 yards . It is not a semi private range it's a public range that not to many people know about .

The range fee is $5.35 per shooter per day. Also if you didnt bring enough ammo dont sweat it we should be able to take care of that . My father has been in the loading bizz for 30 years .  The range is open 7 days a week from 8:00 am till dark. ( 10:00 AM till 3:00 pm starting Nov 17 ) .  

I hope this helps some of you looking for a place to shoot !
Link Posted: 6/21/2007 6:30:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KegHead] [#5]
Sandbag about time we heard from you Glad you cleared up the status of the range. Was not sure how to let people know about it. I do know me and my Sons have had a great time shooting there. And good people running it. Never had the first the problem with anyone that uses the Range.
Link Posted: 6/22/2007 4:30:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Recently moved from southern Hinds county into Copiah county...
Link Posted: 6/24/2007 8:05:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Swinestalker
What part of the Homochitto are you on? I am from Amite County and also work Wilkinson County. USDA employee. I shoot the National Forest range at Gloster some but mostly at a friends range close to Centreville.
Link Posted: 6/24/2007 9:47:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: twiggy] [#8]
Hinds county, Byram
I shoot at Magnolia RPC.
Just purchased my first AR and would like to get to know / shoot with some more AR-savvy locals.
Link Posted: 6/27/2007 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By twiggy:
Hinds county, Byram
I shoot at Magnolia RPC.
Just purchased my first AR and would like to get to know / shoot with some more AR-savvy locals.

Arg, someone else to buy up all the ammo!
Link Posted: 7/1/2007 9:35:02 AM EDT
[#10]
New kid on the block, Marion County. Former Marine!!!
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." ---George Orwell
Link Posted: 7/8/2007 5:59:31 PM EDT
[#11]
steenroller,                                                                                                             I am located very near you, our land is about 5 miles downstream from the bridge on Hwy. 33. I know alot of people in the gloster and centreville area. Look in the crosby part of your phonebook for Hometown travel and give me a call, ask for Travis. Sorry for the slow reply, I've been in belize spearfishing for a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 7/29/2007 9:23:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Im a new member, i live in Desoto county.
Link Posted: 7/30/2007 12:53:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Jackson County--St. Martin
Link Posted: 8/2/2007 12:38:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Im new to mississippi, gulfport to be exact. im looking for someone to show me where some good turkey hunting might be and im also looking for some local trap shooting.

Link Posted: 8/5/2007 9:56:49 PM EDT
[#15]
IM me, good turkey all around!
Link Posted: 8/5/2007 10:08:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By boman250:
Im new to mississippi, gulfport to be exact. im looking for someone to show me where some good turkey hunting might be and im also looking for some local trap shooting.

We have trap at the Gulf Coast Rifle and Pistol Club.  I don't know much about it though.

www.gcrpc.com/
Link Posted: 8/20/2007 3:07:24 PM EDT
[#17]
I didn't know Mississippi was represented on here.

<----- suburbs of Puckett
Link Posted: 8/20/2007 3:12:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By M1able:
I didn't know Mississippi was represented on here.

<----- suburbs of Puckett

Welcome!
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 3:00:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Warren County (Vicksburg), but originally from "Bloody Kemper".

Did some time in Starkville (MSU) and Oxford (The University), Pass Christian (until Camille came through), and Bay St. Louis.
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 12:18:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doubleclaw] [#20]

Originally Posted By Cleatus-V:

Originally Posted By Redhawk7:
Hattiesburg,I hear a new range is coming to oak Grove. Pistols and a 25yd rifle for scope/zero

Do you know of the 100 yard range in Brooklyn? (I'm assuming its still open)

That's not too far from Hattiesburg. Open to the public and free. We actually used to make the trip up there from the coast sometimes.

That range on New York Road has gone WAY downhill over the years. Every time I go out there, it seems that the entire county has dumped trash all over it, and I wouldn't be surprised if the USFS shuts it down before long. I've policed it up several times, but each time I come back it's worse than before. Plus, there's some jerkoff that hangs around the firing line while you shoot, smoking cigars and watching every casing with his beady little eyes as it falls to the ground. I call him the Brass Vulture, and he scavenges brass right out from under you if he can get away with it. I get a vague creepy feeling from him as he sits there, silently smoking and watching. The first time he pulled his little act, I thought he was up to no good, and was prepared to shoot him if he came near me, but then I saw him scooping up hot brass like starving man at a buffet table. Anybody seen him out there?

Where is this range in Oak Grove supposed to be built? I haven't heard anything about it. Is it  gonna be close to Scott Strohmeyers gunsmithing shop, out past the old high school?

I keep hearing that one of the local LE agencies is going to put some money into the range in Ellisville, but I ain't holding my breath.

Gander Mountain will be open soon. Watch out, Big *uck Sports!
Link Posted: 9/19/2007 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By doubleclaw:

Originally Posted By Cleatus-V:

Originally Posted By Redhawk7:
Hattiesburg,I hear a new range is coming to oak Grove. Pistols and a 25yd rifle for scope/zero

Do you know of the 100 yard range in Brooklyn? (I'm assuming its still open)

That's not too far from Hattiesburg. Open to the public and free. We actually used to make the trip up there from the coast sometimes.

That range on New York Road has gone WAY downhill over the years. Every time I go out there, it seems that the entire county has dumped trash all over it, and I wouldn't be surprised if the USFS shuts it down before long. I've policed it up several times, but each time I come back it's worse than before. Plus, there's some jerkoff that hangs around the firing line while you shoot, smoking cigars and watching every casing with his beady little eyes as it falls to the ground. I call him the Brass Vulture, and he scavenges brass right out from under you if he can get away with it. I get a vague creepy feeling from him as he sits there, silently smoking and watching. The first time he pulled his little act, I thought he was up to no good, and was prepared to shoot him if he came near me, but then I saw him scooping up hot brass like starving man at a buffet table. Anybody seen him out there?

I went out there to the NY Road range recently...i was locked and loaded BEFORE i'd get out of the truck. Not very well kept, and I am suprised the USFS has'nt shut it down yet.

I'm still going to the dirt pit outside the e gate of Shelby. Not sure if it's exactly legal or not, but usually it's cleaner than the NY Road range and there's usually somebody down there shooting. The Perry County SO shoots down there (thats who I went down there with the first time)

It's a shame there's not a good range around Hattiesburg.

AND likewise..cant wait for Gander Mtn to open...hope it shuts Big *uck DOWN!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 11:48:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Harrison County - Long Beach

Member of Coast Rifle and Pistol Club
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 1:42:28 PM EDT
[#23]

Where is this range in Oak Grove supposed to be built? I haven't heard anything about it. Is it  gonna be close to Scott Strohmeyers gunsmithing shop, out past the old high school?

I keep hearing that one of the local LE agencies is going to put some money into the range in Ellisville, but I ain't holding my breath.

Buck Buck has nopthing to worry about with Gander Mtn - have you seen the prices?  I get better deals at the pawn shop.  Gander Mtn had better get it in line.

Also - rumor has it that:
1) Big Buck will be moving to a larger location
2) Scott may be the new gunsmith at Gander
3) The Oak Grove range idea fell through

I can neither confirm nor deny any of the above.

Kenny - we need to get out the 1919 again!

Link Posted: 9/29/2007 3:03:43 PM EDT
[#24]

Originally Posted By Stinger:
Harrison County - Long Beach

Member of Coast Rifle and Pistol Club

Hey, I work in Long Beach, live in Biloxi.  What do you like to shoot?  We have a monthy Practical Pistol match and Practical Rifle Match at GCRP.
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 5:20:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By El_Guapo:

Buck Buck has nopthing to worry about with Gander Mtn - have you seen the prices?  I get better deals at the pawn shop.  Gander Mtn had better get it in line.

Also - rumor has it that:
1) Big Buck will be moving to a larger location
2) Scott may be the new gunsmith at Gander
3) The Oak Grove range idea fell through

I can neither confirm nor deny any of the above.

Kenny - we need to get out the 1919 again!

Hey, Pat!

You are absolutely right about Gander's prices! I strolled through there on Friday, and almost stroked out when I saw what they were charging for their USED guns, much less the new ones. My favorites were the USED $1,099.99 Beretta Xtrema and the well-worn 1911A1 sporting the $1,795.00 price tag. Looks like I spoke too soon about Big *uck Sports! I hear that their new location is supposedly somewhere in the neighborhood of 70,000 square feet, but that's just hearsay.

I hope Scott is the new 'smith at Gander. He does good work, but it's a pain to drive all the way out there sometimes, only to have to drive right back again.

Not too worried about the Dope Grove range; we have plenty of ranges around here, we just need some way to keep them from being destroyed by the lawless and the ignorant. Every time I police up the New York Road range in Brooklyn, it looks ten times worse when I come back(Littering bastards...).

Let me know when you want to go bust some caps! I still have that bag of links for you if you want them, somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 or so, and I can get more in dribs and drabs if you need 'em.

I've been stockpiling shotgun ammo for the last few months, and I need to go pattern this stuff through my Mossberg and Benelli, so I can narrow down what brands/loads to concentrate on. Did you ever get that Saiga 12 running? I'd love a chance to throw some pellets downrange with that thing, if you wouldn't mind!
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 9:12:35 AM EDT
[#26]
height=8
Originally Posted By SandBag:
Scott Co. ( forest )

Iv been comeing here for about 2 years now but havent taken the time to register till today when i saw some comments about our Range . It's 501 shooting range & Southern Bullets located 7 miles south of I20 on hwy 501. We offer a pistol range with target holders set at 25 yards but the berm is at 50 yards . The rifle range is at 100 yards . It is not a semi private range it's a public range that not to many people know about .

The range fee is $5.35 per shooter per day. Also if you didnt bring enough ammo dont sweat it we should be able to take care of that . My father has been in the loading bizz for 30 years .  The range is open 7 days a week from 8:00 am till dark. ( 10:00 AM till 3:00 pm starting Nov 17 ) .  

I hope this helps some of you looking for a place to shoot !

Great place to shoot and not far from where I work.  I have been there a few times on my lunch break.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 8:15:30 AM EDT
[#27]
From Rankin Count on the Reservoir side. I shoot a Turcott. I am interested in USPSA or handgun competition in general. If your close and involed in competition give me a shout
Link Posted: 10/15/2007 12:26:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Greetings from D'Iberville
Link Posted: 10/31/2007 6:08:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Greetings from Pascagoula and Jackson County
Link Posted: 11/11/2007 5:42:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Columbus
Link Posted: 11/12/2007 2:19:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: davis9588] [#31]
Welcome

Link Posted: 11/20/2007 10:33:06 PM EDT
[#32]
forrest county just east of hattiesburg, in petal.
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 6:29:40 PM EDT
[#33]
finally, someone else from petal...
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 10:51:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Desoto co.  Southaven
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 3:25:10 PM EDT
[#35]

Originally Posted By PANTERACOWBOY:
Desoto co.  Southaven

Hello from a few miles south of you!
Link Posted: 12/19/2007 8:41:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Grew up in the Yune. Live in Carriere since since the migration from Katrina.
Link Posted: 1/3/2008 9:49:23 AM EDT
[#37]
I am in Batesville. Long time deer harvester and turkey hunter. I am a precision rifle nut, and reload.

Just recently caught the AR bug. Plan on building SPR in 308 very soon.

I am interested in any friendly competition shooting to improve my skills.
Link Posted: 1/4/2008 11:30:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Harrison
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 7:51:21 PM EDT
[#39]
harrison county gulfport!

Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:26:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Columbus, MS
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 7:59:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Copiah County on the northside.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 8:44:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Couple of new people from Harrison County... a big welcome!  Where do ya'll shoot?
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 9:39:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Lowndes County -- Columbus Area
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 2:02:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Flowood!
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 3:55:38 PM EDT
[#45]
all you new folks checking in in the Columbus area give us a holler if you make it a few miles north to the Tupelo area.

welcome
Link Posted: 2/12/2008 1:31:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Wow! Eight pages and only one member from George County/Lucedale!

Man, maybe I need to go to the coast!
Link Posted: 2/27/2008 9:03:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Rankin County(in NC at the moment, but will return in June)
on the Reservoir.  Can't wait to get back.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 12:09:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Marshall County,close to Desoto County.
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 10:47:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Jones county / ellisville
Link Posted: 3/8/2008 7:24:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C-lxngtn] [#50]
Just found this, didn't notice there is a "Gulf States" HTF.  I'm in Oxford, Lafayette County.  Currently an undergraduate at "Ole Miss" majoring in criminal justice, and also a part time security guard.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top