Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2015 6:01:01 PM EDT
I have an interview for fed corrections in Berlin nh and want to escape communism to a state that knows freedom, tell me what's it like in the Berlin area?  I am from upstate ny so we have mountains lakes and such...how's it compare my Freedom loving neighbors
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:27:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Berlin is a mill town without any mills.  The economy up there is tough.  It is a beautiful area, though.  Property is cheap because the mills are closed.  You'll be right over the border from ME.  Hunting, fishing, backpacking, snowmobiling, galore, an outdoorsman' dream come true.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 6:43:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Tourism and the prison are the only employers. Outdoor activities are unlimited. If you ever lose that prison job you would have to immediately move to find work.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:27:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Cold & snow.

Lots of cold. Lots of snow.

Really cold and way too much snow.

Like the rest of New Hampshire, but colder, with more snow.

Oh yeah, and houses are dirt cheap.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:34:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tourism and the prison are the only employers. Outdoor activities are unlimited. If you ever lose that prison job you would have to immediately move to find work.
View Quote

This is very true.  Make sure you get the job before moving.  Once your job is assured, however, jump right in.  Berlin, pronounced BER-lin, really is a nice town.  Gorham is a very short distance away and is a very nice small town.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:09:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

pronounced BER-lin
View Quote

Beat me to it
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 2:28:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I know a guy that works there, his weekends off are spent in civilization.
Its not bad, not sure how full it is now but when I was looking at transfering it was dead.

Houses and Land are cheap though, and with fed pay you can get a really nice place with a ton of land cheap.

Gorham and North Conway are the closest towns with stuff to do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top