Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2013 11:19:56 AM EDT
A little backround info:

After 4 years of raising hell with my ex-wife, I finally got back my grandfathers  S&W model 10-5. Only problem is it was in a locked case that was left in a damp moldy  new england root cellar/basement for the entire time.
So the nickel finish is pretty jacked up in some places but mechanically it seems dead on. Im looking at getting it refinished(may need to be sandblasted) and possibly pull the pencil barrel and add a 4in heavy. Any one got a line a good smith in Southern NH? Im in Derry but wouldnt mind a little driving if the work is good, after all it is a family heirloom.  Will post pics of the carnage later today.
Thanks,  SGT Bell

" />

" />

" />

" />

" />
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 3:34:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Try JR's Gun Smithing in Derry. Harold is a good guy and should be able to help you.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 5:13:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Ill have to swing by. I'm hoping she salvageable......
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 5:44:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try JR's Gun Smithing in Derry. Harold is a good guy and should be able to help you.
View Quote

I love JR's.  They treat everyone like gold.  I mentioned that I was a member at Chester and he went on and on about how much he loved our club.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:11:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Do they do stuff like headspace checks? I can't take stuff out to Mason without going on dirt roads, because the direct route goes into MA for a short bit.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:36:28 AM EDT
[#5]
There's Karl Sokol in West Rutland, VT. A buddy of mine has a few revolvers done by him. Nice work.

Chestnut Mountain Sports
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top