Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2014 11:52:41 PM EDT
So, my old man is getting married (second time is a charm) in Addison. Anything fun to do? Any gun shops I must check out?
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 9:46:32 PM EDT
[#1]
See the other Blue Hill thread.  Addison isn't that far from Mt. Desert Island and Bar Harbor.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_52/559068_Coming_to_East_Blue_Hill_this_weekend_for_our_Honeymoon.html
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 1:27:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Will do, thanks
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 11:56:04 PM EDT
[#3]
DUDE.... There ain't shit in Addison!! Been there many times to see relatives.
Small coastal village.. not much going on.
Machias is about 30 miles further north on rt 1.. couple bars, legion hall, small college town
Ellsworth is south 30 or so miles south on one.. several bars, movie theater, a few decent stores.
Wish I could give ya a better outlook but that's the way it is.
Any questions about the downeast area feel free to ask..
..FN..
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:51:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Take him dickering. Oh and try not to go to Bar Harbor, that town hates Veterans and is run by communist bastards.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:00:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Off topic. I was in Addison right near the line to Columbia. I was traveling home from a job with another worker in a box truck. Right near the marshes when a large animal ran across the road. It only took three leaps to clear the ditches,breakdown lanes and road. It had a very distinct gait. There was no mistaking what we saw was a MOUNTAIN LION ! The next day I was talking a local plumber on he job site. He chuckled and yelled to the other plumber to come and tell me about what his trapping partner told/showed him. Pretty much confirmed it for me that there is a population of them in the state of Maine that the IFW will not admit to. Just like Wolves.

AL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top