Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2022 12:23:39 AM EDT
I'm curious...would it be NJ legal if all of the receiver extension adjustment holes (accept for the one that the stock is set on) were filled with JB Weld?
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 10:06:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm curious...would it be NJ legal if all of the receiver extension adjustment holes (accept for the one that the stock is set on) were filled with JB Weld?
View Quote
Only if the untouched one is the closest to the receiver, because any other would allow the stock to collapse.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 11:28:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Just get a Magpul MOE fixed carbine stock or a Strike Industries fixed Carbine Stock or one of the many fixed stocks that are available.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 5:39:13 PM EDT
[#3]
no need to fill receiver extension/buffer tube holes.

NJ does not say anything about permanently fixing a stock, does not give an outline on whats acceptable. just says basically cant have a folding or telescoping stock. this has been
on going since ive been into the AR platform in NJ. But you do not need to make anything permanent.

drill and pop a roll pin in it to stop it from" telescoping" or use a range roll stock lok kit, they fit most stocks. now its not telescoping

can that be changed with tools, yep. so can the barrel length, auto sear, muzzle device and everything else. heck it can even take a standard capacity mag with out any modification.(just saying)

If they wanted something more it should be outlined, I don't believe there has ever been a case where someone was brought to court over a stock

get the stock you want, modify the stock, dont mess with the buffer tube and you will be fine. YMMV

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:54:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
no need to fill receiver extension/buffer tube holes.

NJ does not say anything about permanently fixing a stock, does not give an outline on whats acceptable. just says basically cant have a folding or telescoping stock. this has been
on going since ive been into the AR platform in NJ. But you do not need to make anything permanent.

drill and pop a roll pin in it to stop it from" telescoping" or use a range roll stock lok kit, they fit most stocks. now its not telescoping

can that be changed with tools, yep. so can the barrel length, auto sear, muzzle device and everything else. heck it can even take a standard capacity mag with out any modification.(just saying)

If they wanted something more it should be outlined, I don't believe there has ever been a case where someone was brought to court over a stock

get the stock you want, modify the stock, dont mess with the buffer tube and you will be fine. YMMV

View Quote

Thanks for the replies.

I found these shortly after my original post and ordered one from primary arms...

https://www.aimsportsinc.com/amp/stock-locking-pin-for-magpul-stock/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top