Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2021 10:37:38 PM EDT
Had someone from NJ contact me about a post ban upper with a standard flash hider.  I don't think I can ship one to them but wanted to check.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:55:09 PM EDT
[#1]
An upper receiver, regardless of how it's finished, is not a firearm.  What the recipient does with it is their problem, not yours.  For all you know, they plan on replacing the flash hider and pinning on a muzzle brake, before mating it to a lower receiver (which, of course, is not yet in their possession).
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:06:58 PM EDT
[#2]
you can ship.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:26:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
An upper receiver, regardless of how it's finished, is not a firearm.  What the recipient does with it is their problem, not yours.  For all you know, they plan on replacing the flash hider and pinning on a muzzle brake, before mating it to a lower receiver (which, of course, is not yet in their possession).
View Quote

First Post Nails It as they say here.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:38:19 PM EDT
[#4]
That's funny, years ago I tried buying a no-ban upper on the EE, guy got squirrelly about it and ultimately didn't sell it. Some here (possibly back when it was NY/NJ HTF) said don't do it.

But I say now what I said then: ship it, it is up to the recipient to make legal before using.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top