Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2020 8:41:52 AM EDT
My Dad recently purchased a new home on 19 acres in Hunterdon County. Can he legally “target practice” on his land assuming safe practices?
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 6:09:04 PM EDT
[#1]
As long as the township he's in doesn't have a "no discharge" ordinance.  Most Hunterdon County townships do not.   People in my area of Hunterdon County shoot all the time.  Have an adequate backstop, and ensure that the rounds can not leave the property.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Acknowledged. Thanks for your reply.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 5:59:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Most municipal ordinances are online. If you dont feel like looking them up, you can just call the local police and they will help you out.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 3:02:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most municipal ordinances are online. If you dont feel like looking them up, you can just call the local police and they will help you out.
View Quote

Do not follow this advice. Do not!

Link Posted: 7/27/2020 2:49:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I've spent a good amount of time on the interwebs seeking local ordinance info, to no avail. I'll keep trying. Why would it be ill advised to ask the local police department in the area? I certainly plan on reaching out to these local folks in blue as well.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 9:33:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've spent a good amount of time on the interwebs seeking local ordinance info, to no avail. I'll keep trying. Why would it be ill advised to ask the local police department in the area? I certainly plan on reaching out to these local folks in blue as well.
View Quote

Did you try here?
https://www.generalcode.com/library/#NJ
https://library.municode.com/NJ

As for why it's a bad idea to ask the local PD?

1.  NJ hates guns
2.  NJ politicians REALLY hate guns
3.  Police departments are paid for and funded by NJ politicians
4.  Even if a good portion of the rank and file support an individual's right to keep and bear arms, their bosses do not.
5.  How many cops have you seen in the news these days actively ignoring their boss's illegal orders?  I can name 4.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 1:42:11 PM EDT
[#7]
What town? I think Flemington has a no discharge and raritain twsp has a noise ordnance, is they will come if someone bitches.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top