Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2020 3:26:19 PM EDT
my neighbor has a HUGE hedge that is about 6 feet onto my property. am i GTG legally to trim that shit back to the property line? don't want to ask the old lady, as she's a libtard tree hugger and i already know HER answer.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 4:33:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I think your GTG. Cut them back to the property line. it would be no different if you had a fence and cut it back to the fence.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 11:23:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 5:53:18 PM EDT
[#3]
It may depend on the town's ordinance. In my town when you put a fence in to demarcate the property it must be one foot inside the property line.

Question for you, does this hedge offer you privacy from your neighbor?, also what type of greenery is it?
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 8:37:09 PM EDT
[#4]
You can cut it to the property line. Same applies for tree branches.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:28:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:43:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Question for you, does this hedge offer you privacy from your neighbor?, also what type of greenery is it?
View Quote

it does, and still will if i carve it back to the line. it's fucking HUGE. at least 6' overhanging my property, and that's maybe 1/3 the width.......

i think it's some kind of yew.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 7:11:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Absolutely! hack away right up to your line!
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 11:01:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Absolutely! hack away right up to your line!
View Quote

... just make sure you know exactly where the property line in.  That's the kind of thing that'll get you in trouble if you are wrong.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 11:39:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think your GTG. Cut them back to the property line. it would be no different if you had a fence and cut it back to the fence.
View Quote

Exactly correct.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top