Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2020 10:40:45 PM EDT
I’m in and out of NJ. I drive truck and in PA I unload and lock up my pistol per federal law.  

What expanding 9mm ammo is legal. Fucking Gold Dots evidently aren’t.

My CDL from Ohio is valid per the constitution, why not my handgun license?  I know I know the constitution is invalid East of the Delaware River.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:22:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Save yourself a big headache and don't bring any firearms into NJ. FOPA safe passage provision only protects you if you're passing through the state. If you're stopping in NJ, you need a NJ Permit to Carry a Handgun which nobody ever gets or you would need to fit into an exemption. There is an exemption for your business but i think you have to be the owner. There also is an exemption for going to a range. Hotels don't count as an exemption but apartments do.

Hollow points are legal at your house, range and hunting but not otherwise. Polymer filled hollow points such as Hornady Critical Defense are supposedly legal based on a NJ State Police opinion?

The main problem is they hate guns in NJ and the police arrest people first and ask questions later. They just recently arrested a NJ licensed armored car guard WITH a NJ permit to carry because he had polymer filled hollow points as specified by the NJ State Police and because his firearm wasn't locked in his trunk even though he had a carry permit. You can't make this stuff up.

While I respect states rights, I would have no problem with reciprocity. Unfortunately, that will never happen in NJ as long as the Dems are in power which will be forever.

We're behind the 2A Iron Curtain in NJ. I'm only here until I retire then I'm leaving the state.

Sorry.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Save yourself a big headache and don't bring any firearms into NJ. FOPA safe passage provision only protects you if you're passing through the state. If you're stopping in NJ, you need a NJ Permit to Carry a Handgun which nobody ever gets or you would need to fit into an exemption. There is an exemption for your business but i think you have to be the owner. There also is an exemption for going to a range. Hotels don't count as an exemption but apartments do.

Hollow points are legal at your house, range and hunting but not otherwise. Polymer filled hollow points such as Hornady Critical Defense are supposedly legal based on a NJ State Police opinion?

The main problem is they hate guns in NJ and the police arrest people first and ask questions later. They just recently arrested a NJ licensed armored car guard WITH a NJ permit to carry because he had polymer filled hollow points as specified by the NJ State Police and because his firearm wasn't locked in his trunk even though he had a carry permit. You can't make this stuff up.

While I respect states rights, I would have no problem with reciprocity. Unfortunately, that will never happen in NJ as long as the Dems are in power which will be forever.

We're behind the 2A Iron Curtain in NJ. I'm only here until I retire then I'm leaving the state.

Sorry.
View Quote

Thanks. I’m driving local now.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 6:56:43 AM EDT
[#3]
FPNI.

even without a weapon don't happen to end up in NJ with a hollow point bullet in your truck. First the law specify bullet not ammo, so just the projectile is enough to get prosecuted (a woman has been prosecuted and convicted for a key chain) and it's a count per projectile. So if you reload and drive around with a box of 100 in your car, you'll get a 100 count indictment.  It's so crazy here that the police export a loop in the law, that doesn't cover moving, so you can own them in your home, you can transport them to a range, you can take them home from the range or store, but you can't move them from home to home. They've arrested people based on this.

Like the poster above I can't wait to leave this shit hole state, I guess whomever buys my home is going to have figure out what to do with boxes of hollow point projectiles in my reloading room.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:15:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top