Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2015 4:52:36 PM EDT
Hey all,

Finally the weather is getting better/warmer. It was pretty cold this winter.

I've only shot 100 Yard rifle and pistol range and know all the rules.

I got a new bolt action and will try 200/300 yards. What target do I use for the range?  There is a target stand set up already but I believe I need to bring my own target.  
Is there any special target required? (material, size...etc)  or just about any thing will be ok?

If special target, the range shop will carry it, correct?

I know I can ask a range officer but before heading out there, I want to be prepared as I don't get to shoot there all that much any more.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 9:40:51 AM EDT
[#1]
The 200/300 yard range already has the backing for the target. All you need to do is bring a stapler to attach it to the stand and raise it. As for targets, normal paper ones should do fine, the store has some of the shoot and see targets as well as standard ones you can buy. There is no size requirement for the 200/300 yard range and no placement requirement. They say to put 1 target per holder, but I sometimes put 4 on and they don;t have a problem. If no one is at the range that day i usually raise 2 targets.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:14:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Varack,

Thank you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top