Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/30/2014 12:49:55 PM EDT
Do they happen here at all? I'd get together with some fellow Arfcommers when I was living in MS and it was always a pretty good time. I don't know too many people outside of work here, it would be cool to meet some fellow gun people.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:17:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:36:29 PM EDT
[#2]

That eases my worries some. When I move back in the Spring I was hoping to meet some fellow ARF members and go shooootin'.

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 5:17:18 PM EDT
[#3]
If enough interest is shown,  Ray is usually good for hosting at least one a year.  Just after Christmas last year there was a small but fun get together.  I wouldn't mind another
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 5:44:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where in Jerzy do you live?

Yes we did have regular get-togethers - them one of us almost got busted for a legal weapon on Civie territory within Fort Dix.

I will let someone else get into the particulars.

View Quote

Live in Maple Shade, work on McGuire.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 7:57:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's my take, try to keep it short:

Range 14 at Fort Dix was the HTF meeting place for a few years, usually having 4 shoots a year with a theme or two such as the pumpkin shoot, snowball or frozen nuts shoot or something like that.
It started out as an informal meeting of a few members, eventually growing to about 40 if I am not mistaken, it all came crashing down due to the Friendly Range Master being replaced with some asshole bitch ( Long Story )
After the harassment of one of our own, we boycotted the place and moved the shoots to Langhorne Gun Club in Pa. for awhile, for some reason, it just did not have the same atmosphere as Range 14.

We have had a few shoots at the South Jersey Shooting Club in Winslow for a year or two till that fizzled out, there was even one or two at a North Jersey Gun Range with a name that escapes me right now, perhaps someone
here can help with that.

The Buckeye Gun Club, I believe is the last Range to host such organized events and many training classes, it did get popular for a few years because the Hosts are just great folks. Thanks Ray

All the shoots were pretty much successful and fun, nobody got hurt and I believe nobody was asked to leave, it is difficult these days to get folks together just for one day months in advance, but with a new crop
of members here, it would be great to something going again, but it usually requires someone who is savvy in doing the legwork.

Anyways, here's to You, FMJunkie  The One who started it all.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 10:28:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote
I used to live in Maple Shade. Lived in the apartments opposite the funeral home on Main St. I am now up in Bloomfield.
As for a HTF shoot I would be interested in attending assuming I am issued a days leave by the Commandant.

Link Posted: 12/1/2014 9:01:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where in Jerzy do you live?

Yes we did have regular get-togethers - them one of us almost got busted for a legal weapon on Civie territory within Fort Dix.

I will let someone else get into the particulars.

I work on the Dix side
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 9:16:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm also new to NJ and would be interested in meeting up with some like minded individuals. I feel a bit surrounded in my town and keep it pretty hush that I own firearms.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 10:19:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 10:22:24 AM EDT
[#10]
If there is enough interest, we can always get something put together.
At Buckeye, the issue is now it's hunting season sooo we cannot have any type of event until April 2015.

Saturday, April 11th or Sunday April 12th are possible dates (weekend AFTER Easter).
Shooting times are10:00am till 5:00pm.

People can show up as early as 8:00am if they want to BS and help set up for the day.
Those that wish to bring their better half, we have a cabin where they can sit in warmth and chat with the others.

http://buckeyegc.wildapricot.org/Target-Shooting

A donation to the club will have to be made so we can have the range for the day.
Usually $10 a head.
We now also have a range dedicated to crossbow / bow as well for those that would like to do that.

It definitely will give everyone enough time to plan for it.
I have to bring it to the membership for approval.

RW3
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 10:35:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Saturday 4-11 should work for me.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 2:56:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I was just thinking about the meetups we used to have as well as the Ft Dix incident. Im in PA now, but in Easton. Id gladly drive back behind enemy lines to go shooting with you fellas.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 9:53:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Location???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm also new to NJ and would be interested in meeting up with some like minded individuals. I feel a bit surrounded in my town and keep it pretty hush that I own firearms.

Location???

I'm in Old Bridge.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 10:23:25 PM EDT
[#14]
April would be fine with me. I currently only have one pistol with me because I didn't know what my living situation was going to be when I got out here so that would give me some time to get the rest of my (NJ legal) blasters out here.

Link Posted: 12/1/2014 11:16:47 PM EDT
[#15]
I have property in freehold that we can shoot on.....I don't have an official range set up, I just measure out where I want to shoot and staple some targets to trees.......bout 4 miles east of great adventure......if everyone wants to come then im game for a BBQ or something. ......fyi for the hunters,  Ive got deer, coyote, turkey, fox, goats, etc
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 11:48:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 8:22:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have property in freehold that we can shoot on.....I don't have an official range set up, I just measure out where I want to shoot and staple some targets to trees.......bout 4 miles east of great adventure......if everyone wants to come then im game for a BBQ or something. ......fyi for the hunters,  Ive got deer, coyote, turkey, fox, goats, etc
View Quote

I would be very interested in attending a BBQ at Your House Bankat...
That is a very Generous offer from you to open up your house for Us.

It would be really nice to Finally meet some of our NJ Forum Members in Person...

I think it would be better if we waited until the Spring to plan a get together...

I have plenty of 5.56 and .22 LR Ammo that I can bring to share with Members...
Along with a Case of Beer... A couple pounds of shrimp and a Box of Burgers... <edit: to be consumed after the shooting due to HEALTH and SAFETY issues>

The only question I have is how are your neighbors going to feel about a bunch of us shooting on your property?
A couple shooters can make some serious noise.

Please keep us posted on a possible date that would work for you.
Thanks,  Mbdolfin

Link Posted: 12/2/2014 9:34:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1 on the generosity. And if you ever have any issues with deer or coyote and want some help managing them let me know I can bring a buddy and take care of it. Also, I'm sure a bunch of us have steel and paper targets we can bring (I know I do).
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 6:58:10 PM EDT
[#19]
I quite enjoyed the arfcom shoots in the past especially at Buckeye.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 7:15:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Although I was not able to attend, a group from the HTF got together a few months ago at a local bar to shoot the shit. Maybe we could do that before the warmer weather gets here.  Just a suggestion if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 7:50:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Although I was not able to attend, a group from the HTF got together a few months ago at a local bar to shoot the shit. Maybe we could do that before the warmer weather gets here.  Just a suggestion if anyone is interested.
View Quote

How'd I miss that?  We had one a couple years back at the Picalilli.  Half the folks that showed up where from McGuire and Dix,  all gone now.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 7:57:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I like this idea. I like beer.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 9:45:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Another +1 for the generous offer.

I've some target frames already made for a cancelled Range14 trip that I can bring along.  And more scrape wood in the garage that I can make more out of.
Spring cant get here soon enough now :)
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 10:33:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It would be really nice to Finally meet some of our NJ Forum Members in Person...

I think it would be better if we waited until the Spring to plan a get together...

Along with a Case of Beer... A couple pounds of shrimp and a Box of Burgers... <edit: to be consumed after the shooting due to HEALTH and SAFETY issues>

The only question I have is how are your neighbors going to feel about a bunch of us shooting on your property?

Thanks,  Mbdolfin

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks,  Mbdolfin

no neighbors. ....I got 12 acres smack in the middle of about 600 actress of green acres wildlife preserve. ......the only house there
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 10:34:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

+1 on the generosity. And if you ever have any issues with deer or coyote and want some help managing them let me know I can bring a buddy and take care of it. Also, I'm sure a bunch of us have steel and paper targets we can bring (I know I do).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes please. ....the coyotes are getting closer and closer to the house. .....we fear that one of our chihuahuas will be taken away. ....or even worse,  the baby. ......
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 10:45:15 PM EDT
[#26]
April would be perfect.  A bit warmer, but not too hot.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 9:28:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yes please. ....the coyotes are getting closer and closer to the house. .....we fear that one of our chihuahuas will be taken away. ....or even worse,  the baby. ......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like I need to bring my coyote rifle out here
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 9:34:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well if you ever want to set something up let me know. I can be out there most any weekends and if it's cool with you I can have a buddy or two come and help take care of that problem. You can IM me and we can talk directly if you want.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 11:51:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If there is enough interest, we can always get something put together.
At Buckeye, the issue is now it's hunting season sooo we cannot have any type of event until April 2015.

Saturday, April 11th or Sunday April 12th are possible dates (weekend AFTER Easter).
Shooting times are10:00am till 5:00pm.

People can show up as early as 8:00am if they want to BS and help set up for the day.
Those that wish to bring their better half, we have a cabin where they can sit in warmth and chat with the others.

http://buckeyegc.wildapricot.org/Target-Shooting

A donation to the club will have to be made so we can have the range for the day.
Usually $10 a head.
We now also have a range dedicated to crossbow / bow as well for those that would like to do that.

It definitely will give everyone enough time to plan for it.
I have to bring it to the membership for approval.

RW3
View Quote

I'll bring the beer and wine, again.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 7:39:16 PM EDT
[#30]
223 and I will sit on the deck drinking beer and imagining the coyotes dropping every time we hear u get off a shot......lol......I'm def down for a coyote hunt. .....ill get with u soon about it
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 11:01:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
223 and I will sit on the deck drinking beer and imagining the coyotes dropping every time we hear u get off a shot......lol......I'm def down for a coyote hunt. .....ill get with u soon about it
View Quote

Sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 12:43:00 PM EDT
[#32]
This sounds like fun! I am down for an April event or backyard BBQ party.. I am in Somerset county btw.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 3:45:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Well if you ever want to set something up let me know. I can be out there most any weekends and if it's cool with you I can have a buddy or two come and help take care of that problem. You can IM me and we can talk directly if you want.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I started coyote hunting last year with my AR since the new season was put into place. If you need help, let me know.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 11:12:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Id actually like to learn how. ....I read up online and it seemed complicated so I didn't give it a shot <<hehe pun>>.    I'd like to use my 7.62x39 ar for something other than paper and pumpkins
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 11:26:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Id actually like to learn how. ....I read up online and it seemed complicated so I didn't give it a shot <<hehe pun>>.    I'd like to use my 7.62x39 ar for something other than paper and pumpkins
View Quote

Unfortunately your 7.62x39 AR isn't legal for coyotes. Only rifles in .25 caliber or smaller can be used.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 2:05:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's not that complicated. My little brother and I used to shoot quite a few of them back home in WI. When we were younger one of us would call and carry the shotgun, the other would be on the rifle. As we got older and save our pennies, we bought a Fox pro and then one would be on the rifle while the other watched behind us with the shotgun. Hell sometimes we would set the fox pro up in the backyard and shoot them from the window
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#37]
I think if they are threatening ur wellbeing or hunting ur livestock,  u can kill them as u see fit. ...they keep eating our baby goats and are coming up to the house
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 9:19:01 AM EDT
[#38]
We have had a few shoots at the South Jersey Shooting Club in Winslow for a year or two till that fizzled out, there was even one or two at a North Jersey Gun Range with a name that escapes me right now, perhaps someone
here can help with that.  
View Quote

That was at the Old Bridge Rifle and Pistol Club in 2009  (???).

I organized that event at my Home Club and we had  over 60 members and their guest show up that year.

Unfortunately , that will never happen again due  to decisions by the Club Board.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:35:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I organized that event at my Home Club and we over 60 members and their guest show up that year.

Unfortunately , that will never happen again due  to decisions by the Club Board.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
here can help with that.  

I organized that event at my Home Club and we over 60 members and their guest show up that year.

Thanks Iggy, For the life of me, just couldn't shake the name outta my head. That was a good shoot despite the cold wind.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:41:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Delete- Fat Fingers
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 8:15:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I reloaded some 50 grain hollow points know as Varmint Grenades. Awesome explosive power!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6yBsczuX9s
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 9:05:03 PM EDT
[#42]
I have a bunch of frangibl  223 rounds. I'd be interested. Sounds like a good time.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 11:09:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Other than being in NJ,  I really miss our old Ft. Dix shoots.

I made at least one if not more lifelong friends and each and every shoot were some of the best times I've ever had.

So what I'm saying is that I miss some of you bastards...too bad you're in NJ

Link Posted: 12/9/2014 10:44:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 7:47:32 AM EDT
[#45]
I like it here
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:50:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I like it here
View Quote

You never were quite right in the head to begin with

Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:58:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Not everyone . . .

Mike
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I made at least one if not more lifelong friends and each and every shoot were some of the best times I've ever had.

Not everyone . . .

Mike

True enough...a few of us have escaped

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:24:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not everyone . . .

Mike

I'm already counting down the days until I can leave and I just got here. I'm not a fan to say the least.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 4:41:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 12:37:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I like this idea. I like beer bourbon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like this idea. I like beer bourbon.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top