Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2013 11:07:00 AM EDT
Was just told 3-4 biz days for NJSP / NICS  
going tomorrow for a transfer , get the lower most likely Wed.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#1]
yeah that is about right, so much for a 15 minute call.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:17:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I got mine in 2 last week.....depends how busy they are i guess
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 10:31:34 PM EDT
[#3]
This has been the norm for a while now.  My last one took 3 days.  One of the guys that works for me bought an off-duty gun the other day at a law enforcement dealer and it took 4 days for his NICS to come back, so don't think that there's any police privy conspiracy here.  What's good for the goose is good for the gander in this respect, and don't get me wrong, rightfully so.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:23:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This has been the norm for a while now.  My last one took 3 days.  One of the guys that works for me bought an off-duty gun the other day at a law enforcement dealer and it took 4 days for his NICS to come back, so don't think that there's any police privy conspiracy here.  What's good for the goose is good for the gander in this respect, and don't get me wrong, rightfully so.

So I guess the National Instant Criminal Background Check System isn't instant anymore, but that is OK as it "has been the norm for a while now".

The NRA was willing to give up fundamental rights (Brady) to make the "reasonable" compromise of NICS.  How INSTANT is that National Criminal Background Check now?

Keep this in mind when the anti's ask us to "compromise"
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:13:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:32:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I guess the National Instant Criminal Background Check System isn't instant anymore, but that is OK as it "has been the norm for a while now".

The NRA was willing to give up fundamental rights (Brady) to make the "reasonable" compromise of NICS.  How INSTANT is that National Criminal Background Check now?

NJ does their own check. The don't use the FBI instant check. That causes the delay.

Mike

According to the FBI's website NJ still uses the NCIS, but it just goes through the NJSP as the point of contact.  With your superior knowledge would you say that is true/accurate?

Of course our current delays are due to the NJSP, and that is why people in most states can actually buy a gun in one day, while in NJ, even after all of the silly permitting processes like a FID and pistol permits, we now can't buy a firearm in one day, but get routinely, and may I suggest purposely, delayed.  I think this is just one more step in NJ's crusade to make firearms ownership burdensome with the intention of discouraging it.

Hopefully Obama doesn't decide to take executive action and make it the same nationwide

Just remember every time we give the government more power, we give them more ability to abuse that power down the line

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:33:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dam man, your killing me lately...
I never said it was OK, I just said it was normal.  Normal doesn't mean OK or acceptable.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top