Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2012 10:24:50 AM EDT
Can someone recommend a good training facility in NJ for pistols? I've been shooting for a number of years and would like to get some professional training to improve my skills. The only thing I've seen is the NRA basic pistol course and from the description it seems to be geared towards safe gun handling and basic shooting. I'm looking for something more advanced to improve my current shooting ability.

I'd like to do a class sometime in March. Front Sight looks awesome but I don't think I can get the time off work to fly to NV. Any options available locally?

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:23:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out Gun for Hire in Bellville (website).
I have taken a few of their courses that have improved my skill set.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:29:25 AM EDT
[#2]
http://www.mdtstraining.com/

MDTS

These guys are awesome, and for the money you really can't beat it. I've done their pistol, rifle/pistol, shotgun, and force on force. If I had the money now, I'd be taking more classes. They usually have a couple classes in Jersey a year.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:45:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I am biased towards MDTS as I have have been training with Chris for several years, but there are a few independent reviews of the MDTS Combative pistol 1&2 class in this Archive Thread from one of the past Old Bridge pistol classes.

There is a Combative Pistol 1&2 class coming up on April 29th at Buckeye gun club if you are interested.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:14:22 PM EDT
[#4]
i would highly recommend any / all of chris fry's classes offered here in NJ.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:13:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

i would highly recommend any / all of chris fry's classes offered here in NJ.

I agree
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:50:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys I'll check out MDTS
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:43:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:13:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Chris Holds a good class. Cant beat it for the money.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:23:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I've taken a couple of the tactical classes from Gun for Hire and found them to be pretty useful, specifically their tactical shotgun and Low Light Pistol class.  The guy that teaches their tactical classes (Joe I think) has been around and is very knowledgable.  I have also taken the pistol classes with Chris Fry with MDTS and he is definitely top notch.  If he was closer I'd attend more of his classes, I missed his shotgun class because of the hurricane and I'm looking forward to him coming back on a day that I have off. :(
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top