Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2011 6:18:32 PM EDT
del
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:06:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you mean to say that you were going to UPS it to yourself? I think that's what you meant to say.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 8:03:41 PM EDT
[#2]
yes...I guess the next time I go up there I would send it to myself - not an FFL

Would that work?
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 8:08:58 PM EDT
[#3]
why not just pick it up and take it with you next time you come up here? you are legally allowed to put it in your bags and take it to florida with you.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 4:33:11 AM EDT
[#4]
true by I have heard bad thing about NJ airports and guns

can I have my family mail it to me?
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:26:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I would fly with it.  Put it in a hard case with a lock on it inside your luggage.  Make sure you declare it at check in.  They will ask you to demostrate its not loaded and sign a tag to put with the gun.  In Newark they usually had someone take me to a different area to do this.  Once complete put it back in the luggage and thats pretty much it.   Plan to get to the airport a little earlier than normal to allow for the above and you are good to go.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 8:57:18 AM EDT
[#6]
it would save me the trip
or is that illegal
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, technically it would be an illegal transfer because your transfering the gun to someone else even temporarly (it's only a problem if you/they get caught).  If you decide to ship it, it has to go UPS or FEDEX next day air. You can not  use the USPS to ship a handgun unless you are an FFL or LE Agency.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:49:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
it would save me the trip
or is that illegal

Get them to put it in a USPS flat rate box & ship it. They don`t ask what is in the box. If they do ask, it`s only, is this a agraculuture,  meat or animal hide or parts. & they say NO.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:39:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Get them to put it in a USPS flat rate box & ship it. They don`t ask what is in the box. If they do ask, it`s only, is this a agraculuture,  meat or animal hide or parts. & they say NO.

Please don't encourage people to break federal law...

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:03:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Schedule a UPS 2nd day shipment pick-up at your old residence.

Have your parents package the gun and UPS picks it up at the house.  Technically it has never left your possession except for a legally insured shipping party.  Have it delivered directly to your FL residence and personally sign for it.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:12:03 PM EDT
[#11]
FFL can ship to FFL via USPS flat rate.

You & I mean "YOU!" can ship it to yourself over night UPS or FedEx.

If your flying out of Newark then I wouldn't risk it, if your flying out of PHI your GTG.

I shipped long guns to my Oregon address, the Pistols I will fly with as I do not trust Movers.
My Pops 1911 & 38 special vanished in transit from GA to NJ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top