Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2010 8:15:19 AM EDT
Going to be in seaside hieghts for one day and go to the beach and lounge around before I head home on my trip.  Looking for a good resturant to eat at while i'm there.  Any price range is okay.  Going to be staying half a block off the beach if that helps.
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 8:24:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Couldnt help you with any of this but i will say watch out for the Bennies and Juiceheads
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 9:03:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Couldnt help you with any of this but i will say watch out for the Bennies and Juiceheads

I already expect to see plenty of them, but i'll be rolling through on a Tuesday evening and departing on Wednesday, so with any luck I won't encounter as much of that as I would on a weekend.
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 9:20:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Spicy's Cantana ( upstairs ) is excellent and right on the Boardwalk. I recommend the lobster and shrimp quesadilla. My all time favorite.

Bum Rogers is in Seaside Park if you like crabs and seafood.

Klee's Bar and Grill is on the Boulevard if your in the mood for beers and burgers.
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 10:21:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Griffo's
Link Posted: 8/16/2010 8:38:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the suggestions guy, will definately check into them
Link Posted: 8/16/2010 12:17:44 PM EDT
[#6]
There is nothing worth eating in Seaside except pizza (Maruca's, 3 Brothers, and The Sawmill)

Drive 3 miles north of Seaside and go to The Labrador Lounge in Normany Beach. AMAZING food.
Link Posted: 8/18/2010 8:11:03 AM EDT
[#7]
The best restarant around the shoe area is in South Seaside Park right before you hit Island Beach State Park on the left. Atlantic Bar & Grill... High end though.. $35-$85 entrees
Link Posted: 8/22/2010 8:29:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Spicy's Cantana ( upstairs ) is excellent and right on the Boardwalk. I recommend the lobster and shrimp quesadilla. My all time favorite.

Klee's Bar and Grill is on the Boulevard if your in the mood for beers and burgers.

i went to spicy cantanas yesterday for lunch, and got the lobster and shrimp quesadilla, it was FUCKING AWESOME.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 5:18:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

i went to spicy cantanas yesterday for lunch, and got the lobster and shrimp quesadilla, it was FUCKING AWESOME.

Guess i'll be giving that a try.  Going to take another suggestion on the list too once I decide what to do.  Only going to be in for the evening, then i'll be departing after lunch to head to Gettysburg.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:29:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Returned from my trip and had a good time visiting.  I don't think i'll be returning though, once was enough and I couldn't stand driving in Jersey.  The roads where horrible, I feel like I need new tires on the car now

Anyway, we stayed for only 1 night at the Desert Palm Inn in Seaside Park.  The room was small and I'm pretty sure the towels in the bathroom were not clean.  I would not stay there again, nor would I recommend it to anyone else.  It got good reviews online, but apparently my definition of nice and everyone else's is quite different.

Anyway, we didn't get to eat at Spicy's.  Apprently the resturant is not open on Wednesdays and you cannot get the resturant food in the cantina part.  So that was annoying and disappointing, because it sounded really good.  So we ate at Jumbo's a little further down the boardwalk.  The food wasn't anything special, but the service was prompt and fast.

On Tuesday night we decided to eat at Pier House, which is right next to Bum Rodgers (which got horrlbe online reviews in the recent months).  Service was good and the food was great.  The beer batter fried shrimp was really good.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:16:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Returned from my trip and had a good time visiting.  I don't think i'll be returning though, once was enough and I couldn't stand driving in Jersey.  The roads where horrible, I feel like I need new tires on the car now

Anyway, we stayed for only 1 night at the Desert Palm Inn in Seaside Park.  The room was small and I'm pretty sure the towels in the bathroom were not clean.  I would not stay there again, nor would I recommend it to anyone else.  It got good reviews online, but apparently my definition of nice and everyone else's is quite different.

Anyway, we didn't get to eat at Spicy's.  Apprently the resturant is not open on Wednesdays and you cannot get the resturant food in the cantina part.  So that was annoying and disappointing, because it sounded really good.  So we ate at Jumbo's a little further down the boardwalk.  The food wasn't anything special, but the service was prompt and fast.

On Tuesday night we decided to eat at Pier House, which is right next to Bum Rodgers (which got horrlbe online reviews in the recent months).  Service was good and the food was great.  The beer batter fried shrimp was really good.

Spicy's is closed on weekday's after Labor Day. You missed out on the best food on the Boardwalk.

The Pier House is a typical tourist trap. Should have eaten at Bum Rogers.

Oh well, live and learn!!!

Next time you get to the Joisey Shore, look me up!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:45:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spicy's is closed on weekday's after Labor Day. You missed out on the best food on the Boardwalk.

The Pier House is a typical tourist trap. Should have eaten at Bum Rogers.

Oh well, live and learn!!!

Next time you get to the Joisey Shore, look me up!!!

Chances aren't likely i'll be back out that way, but i'll keep it in mind.  I wouldn't say I had a bad experience, but I'm not sure I'd return either.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:49:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Go to the BeachComber Saturday night! Its a PTSD awareness gig, lots of music and booze

Many reps from McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst!

Besides, its where that hoe snookie got punched in the face
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top