Link Posted: 7/14/2010 7:31:12 AM EDT
[#1]
YES, Most here do.
Link Posted: 7/14/2010 7:38:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Post ban good. Pre ban bad.
Link Posted: 7/14/2010 9:38:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks! I have a post ban AK for sale in the EE and didn't know if I could say it was legal in NJ
Link Posted: 7/14/2010 9:56:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks! I have a post ban AK for sale in the EE and didn't know if I could say it was legal in NJ

GTG. No mags over 15rds.
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 11:28:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Are there any 15 round AK mags out there?
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 11:29:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry double tap.
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Are there any 15 round AK mags out there?

Yep....a bunch of people have made them by cutting down a regular cap mag...also there are factory 10 and 5 round AK mags.
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 5:18:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Get both, Steel and poly!!

Link Posted: 7/17/2010 5:28:26 PM EDT
[#9]
if you can dig up my magpul conversion, it'd apply to AK mags as well, you'd jkust have to count the rounds yourself before you cut it
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 8:38:23 PM EDT
[#10]
sarcastic post deleted

Link Posted: 7/18/2010 2:13:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
why bother......you guys think a DA is going to prosecute 15 rds over with no other significant (murder, rape..ect) crime involved?  

You think a judge would actually sentence someone for this?

Has that ever happened?  

I challenge anybody to find me a case where this has been the only charge prosecuted.

Pleas? Maybe, but I doubt it.

Are there any cops out there that REALLY understand this law?

It's even alot more difficult now for a prosecutor to run with a possession-only conviction with McDonald.

OK Tough guy. I'm giving you a personal invite to move to NJ and give it a try. Not that you have the balls too!!

HaHa. Another internet tough guy with more balls then brains!! Please go troll the NH hometown forum and stop trying to incite one of our members to get arrested.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 2:32:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
why bother......you guys think a DA is going to prosecute 15 rds over with no other significant (murder, rape..ect) crime involved?  

Has that ever happened?  

I challenge anybody to find me a case where this has been the only charge prosecuted.

It's even alot more difficult now for a prosecutor to run with a possession-only conviction with McDonald.

There was a member here by the name of "muffin" that said something very similar, I don't think he has access to the internet now days

Link Posted: 7/18/2010 4:13:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I remember him..and Jerzy would... they tried to hang a cop in NNJ for an M1 carbines, one down here for 1- 30rd mag. My lawyer has the letter from the AG..sorry we were stupid and wrote the law for a total exemption for LE, so please leave them alone. The Prosecuters are mostly democraps in NJ.... they don't like the peasants to have guns. But then a lot of the elected Republicans are closet democraps and feel the same.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 6:44:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Saw it happen last year when I had grand jury. The assholes on the panel couldn't wait to throw the woman to the wolves. No crime involved, just possession. I was the only one who voted no bill, and this after I personally questioned the bloated lump of shit detective and proved conclusively that he violated the woman's fourth amendment rights and perjured himself in front of the grand jury. The really sad part is that the grand jury foreman has an FOID yet is the biggest fucking Fudd extant. Welcome to Nazi Jerky, the majority of the inmates of which are the sorriest douche bags on the planet.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Has that ever happened?  

OK Tough guy. I'm giving you a personal invite to move to NJ and give it a try. Not that you have the balls too!!

HaHa. Another internet tough guy with more balls then brains!! Please go troll the NH hometown forum and stop trying to incite one of our members to get arrested.

That was over the top and uncalled for LUGERMAN to a certain degree.  But I definitely should not have casually said "why bother" and I understand your take on that.  I concede my post was too sarcastic.  However, its a legitimate and always has been a legit, hypothetical question.  Let me clarify please......I NEVER, NEVER WILL, nor do I tempt or incite anyone to break the law.    That means all of you!! I have gone to great lengths to comply with the many gun laws found in the Northeast, including the Fed expired AWB.  However many smarter folks than I have looked at it from a prosecuting attorney's perspective and the folks who wrote the legislation.  Some guy with a totally clean record, great career, honest with a family gets caught with a 20 RD mag in NJ.  You're the DA.  Is a felony, prison time and a ruined but otherwise positive and exemplary life what was intended?  If I was the DA and did aggressively pursue prosecution, I personally could not live with myself.  Nor do I don't think that was the intent of the law.  But hey, that's just me.  I'm sure there are plenty of DAs that would pursue it. So I wouldn't break any guns laws, nor should anybody, ever.  I can actually understand the DAs reasoning to persue it.  The law is the law and it needs to be equally applied.  Now, this discussion really illustrates the absurdity of many of these laws?  I think we can all agree on that.  But the law is the law and you can't refute possession once caught.  Its definitely not worth the risk in having to pay $1000Ks in legal fees, loosing gun rights permanently and face jail time.  

So LUGERMAN, thanks for bringing that post to my attention, I hope I have clarified my stance on the issue.  I have deleted the post.  

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 5:12:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You're the DA. You really going to push a felony on him, have the guy locked up and ruin an
otherwise positive and exemplary life?

Absolutely.

Okay...  I'm a prosecutor.  I don't like guns.  More to the point, I don't like OTHERS to have guns.  It's cool for me, since I do have an NJ FID card, and a permit to carry, because I'm special...  (voice of Judge Dred) I AM THE LAW.  So, here we have this guy...  this "gun nut", and I can pin a 4th degree crime on him.  It's his first offense, so he won't do any time.  But - ya know what?  I got a slam-dunk conviction (because the dummy admitted that he knew it was against the law...  knew it was over the 15 round limit...  these clowns never do learn to keep their mouths shut when talking to the police)...  he'll get sentenced to probation.  BUT....  I get to take his guns.  Yep, all of 'em.  It's part of the plea agreement I suckered him in to taking (and his public defender went along with it...  no skin off his nose).  "Gimme your guns (that we already confiscated during your arrest - so really just sign this agreement saying you won't sue to have your property returned), and gimme your FID card.  I'll recommend probation-only...  heck, might even recommend just some community service....  cause I'm on your side, buddy...  you don't want to see the inside of a jail.  That's a good boy...  yep, sign right there"

Okay - so now I get to claim that I took all these evil guns off the streets, and since you pled guilty to a crime that could have landed you in prison for 3 years, you're now a federally prohibited person....  you'll never own a firearm again.

And so, having stripped another citizen of their God-given right to self-defense, yet not having destroyed a family...  exit our hero prosecutor, stage left.

Think that above scenario wouldn't play out?  BANK ON IT.  I've seen exact scene play out more than once.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 5:25:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're the DA. You really going to push a felony on him, have the guy locked up and ruin an
otherwise positive and exemplary life?

Absolutely.

Okay...  I'm a prosecutor.  I don't like guns.  More to the point, I don't like OTHERS to have guns.  It's cool for me, since I do have an NJ FID card, and a permit to carry, because I'm special...  (voice of Judge Dred) I AM THE LAW.  So, here we have this guy...  this "gun nut", and I can pin a 4th degree crime on him.  It's his first offense, so he won't do any time.  But - ya know what?  I got a slam-dunk conviction (because the dummy admitted that he knew it was against the law...  knew it was over the 15 round limit...  these clowns never do learn to keep their mouths shut when talking to the police)...  he'll get sentenced to probation.  BUT....  I get to take his guns.  Yep, all of 'em.  It's part of the plea agreement I suckered him in to taking (and his public defender went along with it...  no skin off his nose).  "Gimme your guns (that we already confiscated during your arrest - so really just sign this agreement saying you won't sue to have your property returned), and gimme your FID card.  I'll recommend probation-only...  heck, might even recommend just some community service....  cause I'm on your side, buddy...  you don't want to see the inside of a jail.  That's a good boy...  yep, sign right there"

Okay - so now I get to claim that I took all these evil guns off the streets, and since you pled guilty to a crime that could have landed you in prison for 3 years, you're now a federally prohibited person....  you'll never own a firearm again.

And so, having stripped another citizen of their God-given right to self-defense, yet not having destroyed a family...  exit our hero prosecutor, stage left.

Think that above scenario wouldn't play out?  BANK ON IT.  I've seen exact scene play out more than once.

well illustrated - I'm sure this does happen ALL the time.  That's the exact scenario I would predict.  

Isn't southern NJ more conservative? I know northern NJ is big democrat country.

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:12:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Some of South Jersey is more gun friendly, you have to realize that even though they claim Republican.....hey are closet democrats. Senator Gormley (R) was asupporter if of the AWB..my friend, long time Democrat...blasted him several times for this. Dick Squires (R), former county exec....that is an interesting story, but another time, refused to issue handguns to my department, he didn't like them and we were under his conmtrol.  You can't tell the sides without a program.

My favorite is a friend, we were at his farm, shooting behind the barn. He has 30 acres, family has been there generations. Well the asswipe accross the street calls the cops and 2 show up, senior officer and a rookie. The rookie starts chewing out him and his wife, says there is a city ordinance, no discharging a firearm in the township. I just stood there laughing and so did the older cop. My friend's wife takes over and asks the cop...'do you know who  am?' He didn't and got cocky...she said, 'well there is no ordanance! I know because I am the mayor!'  Rookie turned tail and went back to his car....She is now a independent..she could not tolerate the two-faced liberal republican party
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top