Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2010 3:25:29 AM EDT
ok guys, what do you think will be effected locally if and when SCOTUS incorporates the 2a?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 4:25:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the only the prohibition of owning firearms in a dwelling (like a lease that says no firearms allowed, etc) will be saved.

Everything else is on the citizens/politicians of this state.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 5:30:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I think regardless of what happens at the Fed level...

for ANY changes to happen in NJ, someone is going to have to file suit against the state.  So, I think we're looking at a minimum of 2 or 3 years before anything happens.  After that, we should be able to get the AWB and maybe even mag limits repealed.  But for EVERYTHING there's going to have to be a lawsuit...and they're all going to take forever to go through....and probably have to end up back at the Surpreme Court after some liberal douche bag judge in NJ decides that they don't care about the Bill of Rights.

So....nothing for a while
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 5:42:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

for ANY changes to happen in NJ, someone is going to have to file suit against the state.  So, I think we're looking at a minimum of 2 or 3 years before anything happens.  After that, we should be able to get the AWB and maybe even mag limits repealed.  But for EVERYTHING there's going to have to be a lawsuit...and they're all going to take forever to go through....and probably have to end up back at the Surpreme Court after some liberal douche bag judge in NJ decides that they don't care about the Bill of Rights.

We need more money for the cause. Where is it going to come from?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:27:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I think the only the prohibition of owning firearms in a dwelling (like a lease that says no firearms allowed, etc) will be saved.

Everything else is on the citizens/politicians of this state.

i have a hard time believing the courts can enforce a lease provision barring someones perfectly legal, constitutionally protected, PRIVATE property.
then again, if you sign it, youre stupid.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 3:24:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Dont hold your breath.  If Gura's argument about P&I had been the one that scotus considered, then yes we might have had a shot at sweeping changes here.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 3:03:52 AM EDT
[#6]
i honestly think the only change will be with the fid process. i think everything else will be in place for a long time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top