Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2010 11:50:56 AM EDT
Today must have been a bad day for a local ARFCOM member, I saw a flatbed with a bike laid on it's side smashed pretty good.
There was a bolt face sticker on the tank.
I ride so please keep an eye out for us, the weather is getting better & more of us will be out & about.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 12:18:06 PM EDT
[#1]

Agreed.

Let's all be very careful out there this season, two wheels or four.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 12:21:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Crap, what Town/County

Of the Arfcommers I know personally, I am not aware of any who ride
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 12:55:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope it wasn't a red Buell, as I know one member who rides one.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Not sure of the make as it was laying on it's side, but it was definitely a Japanese Sport Bike.
From the condition of the bike I'd say this guy didn't walk away from it
Sad reminder of friends I've lost because someone wasn't paying attention
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 4:56:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Young what you ride?

Yea, its nice out and i took my R6 for a spin around the block today also.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 5:10:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I hope it wasn't member NPDRIVER.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Hopefully he was smart enough to be wearing gear. ATGATT
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 8:15:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Young what you ride?

Yea, its nice out and i took my R6 for a spin around the block today also.

96 Suzuki intruder 1400~ R6 is a bit tough for me to keep up with a 4 speed tranny.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 8:21:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Crap, what Town/County

Turnersville area by Kennedy Memorial.
Flat bed driver had it all strapped down on it's side & from what I could see while sitting at the intersection, it appears the entire from end was forced inward.
My guess is someone pulled out in front of him & he did a Superman impersonation. (badly)
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 11:04:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Crap, what Town/County

Turnersville area by Kennedy Memorial.
Flat bed driver had it all strapped down on it's side & from what I could see while sitting at the intersection, it appears the entire from end was forced inward.
My guess is someone pulled out in front of him & he did a Superman impersonation. (badly)

Thank you for the heads up.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 3:44:09 AM EDT
[#11]
No it wasn't me, my bike is still apart. Thanks for thinking of me though. I'll be back out there soon. I started on it last week. Everybody be careful out there.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:08:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Wasn't me,  I try to ride in the sticks as much as possible to avoid the 4 wheel assailants.  

Thanks for the concern.

Reminds me, I need a BFL sticker for my bike.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:18:06 AM EDT
[#13]
I didn't realize there was a handful of riders here. Do you guys ride/ride like going over to pa and finding good windy roads, or just ride around SJ? If you guys ride/ride we should meet up sometime when I have my bike up here. I met up with a good group from SEPA and rode with them around French Creek, Ephrata,Van Sant airport and even took a couple awesome trips down to Deals Gap. I found it kinda boring to have my bike up here on account of having to ride an hour to go ride and not many people to ride with. Most the people I know in SJ that ride are kinda squiddy. (by kinda, I mean 100%) (that's a jab at the people I know, not the riders from SJ)
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 6:17:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I didn't realize there was a handful of riders here. Do you guys ride/ride like going over to pa and finding good windy roads, or just ride around SJ? If you guys ride/ride we should meet up sometime when I have my bike up here. I met up with a good group from SEPA and rode with them around French Creek, Ephrata,Van Sant airport and even took a couple awesome trips down to Deals Gap. I found it kinda boring to have my bike up here on account of having to ride an hour to go ride and not many people to ride with. Most the people I know in SJ that ride are kinda squiddy. (by kinda, I mean 100%) (that's a jab at the people I know, not the riders from SJ)

I ride in the Port Jervis area a lot so yea i ride in NY,NJ,PA area. also check out tristatesportbikes.com we also do a ride called Guns N Twisties which is a range somewhere in PA. i live in north NJ so i and a lot of people from TSSB do rides in and around the NY, NJ, PA area plus there are a few that do track days, which im hoping to get to do this year.

that you ride Justin?
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 6:34:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Yeah NNJ is a whole different world though from what I've seen there's decent roads up that way, but where my family is in NJ, it's more like the mid-west in that it's very flat and has hardly any decent windy roads! I putt around on a 2001 Ducati Monster. Funny typing that because when I got it 2001 was still pretty new!
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 6:50:26 AM EDT
[#16]
JESUS CHRISTMAS GUYS, this is NOT a motorcycle riding thread, this is about somebody one of us knows that may have been injured or killed, but thus far, we don't know who
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:32:25 AM EDT
[#17]
I thought we were just keeping conversation going and thusly keeping the thread near the top until we found out more details. I didn't mean to hurt anyones feelings. I won't reply anymore, if it falls to the 2nd page it falls to the 2nd page, but I do apologize for being so callus, sometimes I forget where I am.....
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 11:38:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Damn, I should have gotten the name of the towing company or at least the tag # off the bike.
Hindsight sucks!
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 1:27:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I thought we were just keeping conversation going and thusly keeping the thread near the top until we found out more details. I didn't mean to hurt anyones feelings. I won't reply anymore, if it falls to the 2nd page it falls to the 2nd page, but I do apologize for being so callus, sometimes I forget where I am.....

No feelings hurt, I was attempting to keep the thread from turning into something otherwise, most threads tend to veer off very quickly. Please continue to speak your mind here and I'll continue to figure out who was on that bike. There are a few members here who are LEOs in South Jersey, perhaps they have ties in Washington Township/Turnersville.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 6:52:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No feelings hurt, I was attempting to keep the thread from turning into something otherwise, most threads tend to veer off very quickly. Please continue to speak your mind here and I'll continue to figure out who was on that bike. There are a few members here who are LEOs in South Jersey, perhaps they have ties in Washington Township/Turnersville.

I'll see what i can do in the morning about getting better info...
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:20:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll see what i can do in the morning about getting better info...

Tosser it was a newer Black Japanese Sport bike, I think with gray seat trim.
I was on my way home from dialysis when I saw it on the flat bed at the light of Eggharbor & Ganttown Rd.
Sorry I can't give you more info.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:31:34 PM EDT
[#22]
I am with a Burl.Co. agency and have not heard of any cycle MVA round here
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:46:28 PM EDT
[#23]
I haven't seen anything in the news about a fatal motorcycle accident. I've looked all over NJ.com and others.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top