Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2009 6:04:42 PM EDT
I usually go to Winters in Berlin, but he doesn't work on AR's.  I'm told its relatively  easy to swap out an upper, but would rather it done by a pro.  suggestions????
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:08:36 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you mean "swap out an upper". You do realize the upper separates from the lower by two push pins right?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:22:59 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah man you pop 2 pins out and put another upper one and pop the pins back in. Takes like 15 seconds
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:38:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Come on, Sam....You're not that cherry, are you?

Push these two pins over and remove the upper. That's it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:54:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe he's talking about changing an upper receiver itself. You do need some tools to do that. If it's a flat top, I can lend you the holding jig and the wrench.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:31:53 PM EDT
[#5]
LOL!!!  No Jack I know how to break one down.  I was looking to change the upper receiver altogether.  I have a DPMS Slickside that is pretty nicked up.  I just purchased a new Vltor one.  The upper is a perimeter defense carbine by d&l and didn't want to disturb anything.  It seems like its no big deal, but just want to be sure its done properly.  these are firearms afterall.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:36:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Its like legos, its take it apart and put it back together. Really no need for a smith or a "pro". All you need is a simple AR Wrench, a punch and some generic tools.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:24:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Its like legos, its take it apart and put it back together. Really no need for a smith or a "pro". All you need is a simple AR Wrench, a punch and some generic tools.

+1. Legogun.

An upper receiver vise is always a good idea, especially with a high dollar upper. I wouldnt want to risk twisting it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:44:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
LOL!!!  No Jack I know how to break one down.  I was looking to change the upper receiver altogether.  I have a DPMS Slickside that is pretty nicked up.  I just purchased a new Vltor one.  The upper is a perimeter defense carbine by d&l and didn't want to disturb anything.  It seems like its no big deal, but just want to be sure its done properly.  these are firearms afterall.

If it's a flat top, my offer still stands. I've got the tools sitting right here.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:54:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Brick
I'llpm you
sam
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#10]
No problem. Just PM me your info and I'll UPS the tools to you.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:57:56 PM EDT
[#11]
The gunsmith at Heritage Firearms in Rahway will work on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top