Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2009 8:23:11 PM EDT
Can I carry a 1911 or a glock 23  into the state for the weekend?
I saw in the NJ faq section that my carry permit doesnt matter here.
I would feel better with a gun on me when I sleep though.
Would I have to register a firearm in NJ to do so?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:17:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Can I carry a 1911 or a glock 23 into the state for the weekend? No
I saw in the NJ faq section that my carry permit doesnt matter here. Correct
I would feel better with a gun on me when I sleep though. The state doesn't care about your feelings
Would I have to register a firearm in NJ to do so? Wouldn't matter

Without going in to a lot of detail....  if you bring a handgun in to this state, and get caught with it, you won't be leaving the state for a LONG time.  Leave it at home.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:44:29 AM EDT
[#2]
pretty much correct, but u can try to call the NJSP and apply for a non res firearms permit and bring a shotgun with you......if that makes u feel better.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:31:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for clearing that up.

somone should add this stuff to the NJ faq page

becuase the only thing I saw was you could drive

through the state but had nothing about visits.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:25:59 AM EDT
[#4]
What part of the state are you going to be staying in? Despite what you may have heard, there are many very nice and very safe parts of NJ...If you really need something pick up a bat or club..perhaps a length of pipe from a hardware store? You cant carry it around, but you can sleep next to it...
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:12:28 AM EDT
[#5]
swiss army knives are still legal too
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:31:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Leave your slingshot and boomerang at home as well. A small thing of OC spray and a Mag-Lite are probably your best bet.

Be creative and practical whatever your selection might be. But honestly, most parts of the state are good and a few that really suck. Just like any other place. Let us know your plans and places and I am sure we can red flag the danger zones.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:08:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Can I carry a 1911 or a glock 23  into the state for the weekend?
I saw in the NJ faq section that my carry permit doesnt matter here.
I would feel better with a gun on me when I sleep though.
Would I have to register a firearm in NJ to do so?

Just bring a hammer
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top