Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2009 4:41:35 PM EDT
He faces 27 1/2 years in prison with a mandatory minimum of 3 years. Ouch!

link

An Army veteran who served in Iraq pleaded guilty on September 15 to all seven counts in an indictment that charged him with illegally possessing a cache of weapons and ammunition in his pickup truck. Dominic Meyer, 21 years old of Sayreville, entered the guilty plea as jury selection for his trial was about to begin at the Middlesex County Courthouse in New Brunswick.

He is facing up to 27½ years in a New Jersey state prison, with a mandatory minimum term of three years, when he is sentenced November 16, 2009, by Superior Court Judge Bradley Ferencz.

Meyer pleaded guilty to two counts of unlawful possession of a handgun, four counts of unlawful possession of a weapon and one count of possessing a hollow-point bullet.

Before the defendant pleaded guilty, Middlesex County Assistant Prosecutor Bina Desai was prepared to present evidence and testimony showing Meyer was carrying, in his truck, a .32-calbier revolver hidden under the front seat, a loaded .45-caliber pistol lodged between the two front seats, and an 11-inch-long bayonet that was sticking out of a vent on the truck's dashboard.

The weapons were discovered by Sayreville police when they stopped Meyer on Horseshoe Road in the borough on September 29, 2008, after receiving reports that a pickup truck and a motorcycle were racing on local streets.

The two handguns and the bayonet were recovered during a legal search of the truck. Police also seized 38 rounds of ammunition, one hollow-point bullet, nine empty magazines for ammunition, a military-issue knife, another knife designed for throwing and a throwing hatchet.

Meyer, who has been discharged from the Army, remains free on $100,000 bail pending sentencing.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:55:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Carrying "interesting weapons" and drag racing while doing so is the very epitome of idiocy.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:46:24 AM EDT
[#2]
what was he doing in jersey??? sounds like hes from mississippi or something.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:51:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Lock him up.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Only in NJ is a cache of weapons two handguns and 38rnds of ammo.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:09:00 PM EDT
[#5]
So a bayonet is no go in NJ?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Served his country, now he will serve his time for coming back to jersey. not right i tell ya !!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:42:39 PM EDT
[#7]
wait a minute, i thought we were allowed to have hollow points...just not allowed to use em.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:26:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
wait a minute, i thought we were allowed to have hollow points...just not allowed to use em.

Handgun hollow points are illegal, not rifle.

I'm an idiot, carry on.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:40:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please don't spread misinformation like this.

It's perfectly legal to own and use any and all hollow points. Just don't commit any crimes with them or you'll face additional charges.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:04:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please don't spread misinformation like this.

It's perfectly legal to own and use any and all hollow points. Just don't commit any crimes with them or you'll face additional charges.

Sorry about that! I was thinking armor piercing for some reason last night. I will edit my post above, sorry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top