Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2021 10:10:05 PM EDT
I'm looking at a gig in Manchester, UK. I would probably be looking at two years, maybe longer if it works out well.

It looks to be a food friendly town but curious on any other elements to consider, both pro and con.

Hoping to pick up a motorcycle at some point while there an tour around.

Any input appreciated!
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 5:25:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I lived and worked in Manchester for just over a year and loved the place (the job was the problem but the place and people were great). If you want to get along learn the difference between United and City, and what a Scouser is.

There are some good ranges (Diggle - diggleranges.com) there and excellent bike routes, just follow the A6 down to Matlock -, bikers' heaven but getting a bit too popular now. You'll be in easy riding distance for a weekend away to the Lakes in the North, the Moors to the East, Welsh hills to the West and Bisley South. Manchester is really about the centre of England.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 5:37:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ColdboreDreamer] [#2]
Thanks Scope-eye! Great info!

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 6:03:39 AM EDT
[#3]
One thing about Manchester, it does rain, like everyday almost. Something to do with the Pennines so they are proud to tell me. Coming from Ca it might be a shock.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 6:45:37 PM EDT
[#4]
There are worst places to be in england, manchester is a busy place with plenty around. Let me know if you make the move, can take you out do some shooting.
Atb
Mart
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top