User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2020 5:15:55 PM EDT
Are all the Pubs REALLY closed?

Can you still get fish and chips?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 4:18:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, and Yes.

But as most of the pubs around my way are turning into gastro monstrosities I'm not missing it. I'd rather enjoy the good weather and a beer in the garden.

Cheers.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:07:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Scope-eye:
Yes, and Yes.

But as most of the pubs around my way are turning into gastro monstrosities I'm not missing it. I'd rather enjoy the good weather and a beer in the garden.

Cheers.
View Quote

I used to love going to the pubs, but that was in the late 1960's!  

Y'all need to preserve them as there is NOTHING like them in the US.  Some BS copies, but nothing really like them.

I also loved the fact that in the fish and chips shops you could actually choose different species of fish.  Also they were FRESH!   Here it is basically LOUSY frozen Cod or Whiting.

Bless you all during this Covid 19 crap!
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:14:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scope-eye] [#3]
It is nice to have something other than cod sometimes.
I like a bit of Rock Eel occasionally (or huss as the EU wanted us to call it, it not being an eel).

Stay safe.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Scope-eye:
It is nice to have something other than cod sometimes.
I like a bit of Rock Eel occasionally (or huss as the EU wanted us to call it, it not being an eel).

Stay safe.
View Quote

When I lived in Scotland, the country used to pride itself that when it came to fast food, the population had a choice of Italian, Turkish, Greek, Indian, Lebanese, Moroccan, Irish, Egyptian, Pakistani, Thai, Indonesian and even Scottish.....fish and chip shops
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top