Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2020 6:43:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 8:23:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I would think so if you still have citizenship.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 7:19:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 6:30:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got my first English passport at age 54. I was born in Sheffield to an American Dad and English Mum. We left when I was a few months old and then returned for 5 years at age 11. The rest of the time was spent in the US and 23 years in the US Army. I only waited because my job required a security clearance and it can get a bit dodgy with a passport from outside the US.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 7:41:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Well.
JUST seen this thread....

I'd be very tempted to check first.
Chances are you WILL still retain citizenship BUT I saw a TV show about an airport here a couple of weeks ago.
An elderly lady arrived in the UK with a view to living here - she was a passport holder.
Seems that as she had lived abroad for so many decades she lost her right to reside back in the UK

HOPE that this is not the case for OP
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:27:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:26:30 PM EDT
[#7]
If you were born in the uk, i reckon you can get one, you could also get the Australian one through parental rights then you can ditch your american one
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top