Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2019 5:35:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: K5FAL]
The woman who fled after killing a young man while driving on the wrong side of the road?

I haven’t seen any news about this in several weeks.  We’ve had similar incidents here in the states;  I remember one where a drunk foreigner killed somebody and fled on diplomatic immunity.

I think it’s a crock of shit and she needs to get her ass back to England.  It was an accident, it’s not like she’s going to be hanged.  Maybe some prison time but shit happens when you kill someone, even if not on purpose.

Hope y’all understand my Oklahoma English.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 7:56:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Scope-eye] [#1]
According to the news yesterday the local police are applying for visas to go and interview her in the States. She is reported as saying the stress of all this notoriety is having a bad affect on her and her family - yeah right, must be a bed of roses for the victims family.

There were hints in the press that even though she initially cooperated with the investigation (and indeed intended to continue to cooperate) she may have been ordered home by the US authorities, this happens a lot when 'incidents' happen (according to the papers local to US Airbases here) but usually it doesn't involve a death, thank God.

ETA: Yep, I think this has all gone pear shaped, if she'd stayed the chances this would have been a simple case and as you say the worst that could happen would be a bit of jail time, maybe suspended or not even that. Then get her dragged back Stateside to 'do her time' there and no one outside of the few people connected would have known. Now she has the media from at least two countries after her and everyone knows everything about it and she'll not look good whatever spin is put on it know. The media hounds are baying for blood and can smell a fresh wound in a frightened animal.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 1:29:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, Scope-Eye.

It sounds like running from the consequences of her actions has made her miserable.  Or, let’s hope so.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 4:10:27 PM EDT
[#3]
By doing a runner she would have appeared to have screwed up her husbands career plus the kids had just started at a new school here which couldn't have them any favours. I'm guessing the decision to go back to the states probably wasn't down to her?

I would have had my doubts she would have served time, possibly made to take a UK driving test which in my books is a sensible move coupled with a fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top